~10~

I think I was so excited for this date, that every other thing in my life blurred out

I think I was so excited for this date, that every other thing in my life blurred out. A day has passed since Aidan asked me out, which means tonight is my date. I totally forgot about him completely ignoring me in front of Shane, because when I got home that day, all I could have done was squeal and jump for joy. I'm so happy. Rae was also happy for me, saying she prefers Aidan over Shane. I don't get why; honestly, both of them are handsome...

Anyway, I'm getting dressed at the moment. Rae is on my couch, eating my food. She volunteered to get the door when Aidan arrives. This does not feel like déjà vu. I'm dressing myself, and I'm going out with someone who I'm extremely interested in. Not that I wasn't interested in Shane, it just doesn't feel the same. Aidan excites me and he's so thrilling.

I decided on a pair of khaki pants and a blue and white vertically striped shirt. The sleeves are long, so I rolled them up. I put on my only pair of shoes, which looks pretty damn good with my outfit if I must say. I move into my small bathroom and begin on my hair. It doesn't take very long to do because my hair is naturally this way, I just need some spray and whatnot.

After I was done, I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. Honestly, it's the best I have ever looked. Aidan brought out the best in me. I walk out to my living room to meet Rae, who is still eating my chips. She stared up at me and grinned, with her eyebrows raised. "You look so good, Josh!" she cheered.

I blushed at her compliment, "Thank you." I take a seat next to her, "I feel proud of myself; I had no help."

"Yup, you've got a real eye for fashion there, Josh," she sarcastically said. I laugh and slap her softly.

"Stop being sarcastic."

Rae began to laugh until she began to cough. It really wasn't that funny. I stood from my seat, insisting on not crinkling my freshly ironed shirt. I check my wrist watch at the time, and grinned when I realized it was almost seven. I hope he's on time. I wonder if he'll be here exact seven? Is he as excited as me for this date? He should be. He says he really likes me... unless he was lying. He wouldn't lie, would he? Is he even coming?

Oh my gosh, Joshua, you're stressing you're stressing yourself out. He will be here; he still has five minutes. It's six-fifty-five; he's probably just taking the stairs.

I leaned against the counter which separates the living room from the kitchen, and I stared at the door. I put a smile on my face, and it remained there as I thought about him coming to take silly old me on a date. I feel so special. Someone likes me. It's an amazing feeling to know someone is actually willing to come take you out and spend time with you. I've never felt that before (well besides with Shane).

I checked my time again and bit my lip. He has two minutes. I glance at the door then to Rae. She probably doesn't even know how much I'm panicking right now. I wonder if my body language is giving it away. I stared down at my body at my stance. All my weight is on my left leg and the other is just there, my fingers are playing with each other unintentionally. I move my hands from hanging in front of me and rest one on my hip. I found that to be a bit stupid and girly, so I put it on the counter. I turned around to face the counter, resting my both elbows on the counter. I want to see the door, so I turn back around and lean back, resting my elbows on the counter once again.