~5~

The day is over and I can't be happier

The day is over and I can't be happier. When I get home I am going to snuggle up in my warm blankets and sleep. I feel so tired and my fingers need to rest after doing all that typing for Brooke. I mostly sat down today, but I'm still tired as hell.

Thankfully, I didn't see Aidan anytime today, and I didn't have to go anywhere, so I didn't see Shane either. All I got were more stares from random people. But I'm learning to ignore it. I can't hold onto that forever. I just can't help but wonder why they stare at me that way. I mean, I have a pretty good idea, but I would like to hear it from them.

My elevator ride was awkward as usual. Thankfully this time it wasn't a bunch of stock up people, they were actually talking to each other and laughing. But I had no idea who they were and I just stood at the back. It would be cool to actually have friends here and people to talk to. But that's obviously not going to happen because everyone hates me. Well besides Brooke, she doesn't seem to hate as much, but we aren't friends. We're simply acquaintances.

"Hey, Josh?" I was so close to leaving, so close to home. But life is unfortunate. I turn on my heels and step away from my gate to freedom. "Hi, Shane..."

He furrowed his brows, "Are you upset about something?"

"Uhm nope. This is just my face," I flash a smile. He nodded his head slowly, "Okay... well you're still on for tomorrow right?" Shane's eyes went down my body at my attire, just like everyone else in this place. Is this a crime? To wear a T-shirt? I'm not angry, I'm just annoyed.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

He ran his fingers through his hair and smiled. What a beautiful action. I bite my bottom lip and stared at him.

"Josh?" he says after a while of me staring at him like an idiot. I immediately looked to the ground and began to blush. What the hell is wrong with me? I quickly think of something to say, just to change the topic from my awkwardness.

"Do people look at you weirdly?" I ask and look up at him. He furrowed his brows then shook his head slowly, "No, not really."

"Hmm, so it's just me..." I mumbled to myself. Shane looked confused. "Anyway, uh, see you tomorrow..."

"Sure..." he says and walks past me to the exit. I turned to look at him, wondering why he called me back into this place if he was going out also. Guys confuse me... or maybe I'm the confusing one. I push the glass door and exited the building, hoping no one else decides to stop me. But then again, there aren't exactly a boat load of people who talks to me, so I guess that won't be a problem.

In my car, I take a deep breath before I began to drive. My stained shirt on the passenger seat caught my eye and I looked down at Aidan's top immediately after. I need to return this. I think his dad already suspects something, even though it's just been one elevator ride. I think he recognized his son's T-shirt. I was tempted to pull it off, but then I realized I was still in the car park, to which I immediately left.