~11~

I know that I'm late, I know I look horrible and I know I forgot the coffee, but I seriously don't care

I know that I'm late, I know I look horrible and I know I forgot the coffee, but I seriously don't care. I've been working here for less than three weeks and I feel like it's been such a long time. I feel so stressed out and depressed, honestly. It's like this stupid job is cursed; no good thing has happened to me since I got hired. Maybe I should quit, that way I can go back to my normal life. I would choose working at a shoe store over this any day.

As I'm going up in the elevator, I begin to think of the possible things that could happen to me today. It's an extremely long list, honestly. But my top two so far are: 1) seeing Aidan and 2) getting fired. As much as I hate it here, I like the job. This is what I love doing, it's just the building and the people in the building throws me off everything. I sigh softly and run my fingers through my hair as I exited the elevator, without a cup of coffee for my boss.

As usual, I get a couple of stares; it's like they've never seen a walking, breathing gay guy. I ignore their stares, which is turning out to be extremely hard, since it seems like everyone is staring now, then there were the whispers. Which I hate, but I'm also very curious to know what they are saying. It surprises me that these are adults right now, acting like immature teenagers. I quickly make my way to my desk with Brooke.

For once, she smiled when she greeted me, even though I was late... or at least I think I'm late. Brooke said, "You are so lucky Aidan dropped off the coffee for you."

"What?" I furrow my brows, tearing a bit internally when she says his name.

"The coffee that you gave him to bring in for you... he explained why you were late," she says with a smile.

"Why would he do that?" I roll my eyes and look away. What is he trying to do? Start rumors? These people will grasp onto any tiny bit of information and twist it then have the entire building telling a story about you.

"I don't understand... didn't you tell him to..." Brooke trailed off. I groaned, "Whatever." I don't want to hear anything about him again, I'm done and over it.

How did he even know I was going to forget the coffee and be late today? Is he stalking me or something? Once again, I groan, this time earning a confused look from Brooke. She stared at me for a moment, with her eyebrows crinkled, then quickly got over it by instructing me to start working. I do as I'm told, trying to keep my mind off of everything besides the computer in front of me. I hope Aidan doesn't randomly come in to see his father, because that would just be stupid. It'll be like he's doing this on purpose. Like he wants me to hate him.

Thankfully, lunch came quickly and Aidan didn't show (like how he doesn't show for anything). On lunchtimes, I get lunch then come back to the office. I usually eat here, just so I won't be late for after lunch, also, there isn't much people who I'd spend lunch with, so I just think it's better to eat in here. So, I begin making my way down to the elevator. The elevator was filled with females, talking and laughing amongst each other. They were young, and didn't even give me a second glance. I like that. The people my age or a bit older ignore my presence completely, but the old ones are the ones who stop and stare. It's annoying...