~4~

I tapped my foot impatiently on the coffee shop's floor and continued looking down at my wristwatch

I tapped my foot impatiently on the coffee shop's floor and continued looking down at my wristwatch. I know I'm not late, but I can't help but feel like I'm extremely late, so I feel the need to be nervous and rushed. However, these stupid people at this coffee shop seems to be moving dramatically slow today. Maybe it's just me, but I feel as though I've been standing here for ages. Thankfully, I was second in line, and he seemed to get his order pretty quickly, and finally it was my turn.

I exhaled in relief when I was finally able to wrap my pale, white fingers around the slender cup. I stared down at the cup just to make sure I ordered exactly what Brooke told me to. I know it's basically impossible to mess up black coffee, but with me, anything is possible. I was stupid enough to keep my eyes on the coffee cup in my hand, and I barely didn't even feel anything when my foot hit the leg of a table. But I sure as hell did feel it when I went crashing down on the ground. I ignored the pain momentarily, only concentrating on the almost flattened coffee cup and the spilled black coffee all over me and the floors.

I don't know what to do now. I feel embarrassed and worried. Will I even be early today? I have to go home and change my clothes, plus order more coffee. That will take ages, which is something I don't have right now. I will definitely be late, and out of a job.

I scrambled to my feet, without the help of anyone, since they all just stared and allowed me to fall. It's like no one even cares that I'll be late and dirty. Surprisingly, a cleaner came to help me, about a year after. She smiled at me and took the cup, "It's okay, you'll get another on the house."

"Thank you. When?" I ask and bite my bottom lip. She nodded to the counter, where I just walked away from, "Just go over there."

"Thanks," I nod. I'm so grateful for that. I had no money to pay for another coffee. I stood at the counter awkwardly and tried not to look down at my now ruined shirt. I can't step inside that building looking like this. Everyone already fucking hates me, it would suck for them to think I'm dirty also. I wish I could go home and start this day over. I'm not prepared for this.

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice I wasn't prepared to hear until I arrived at work. He greeted me with a simple 'Hello', but I just felt the need to dismiss him.

"Leave me alone, Aidan," I swallow and kept my eyes forward.

"You seem like you could use a little help..." he correctly points out, but again, I want him gone.

"No thanks, I got it," I tapped my finger on the counter. I feel so sticky and it's disgusting. And the smell is horrid. I really need to change. I don't know what I'm going to do. I have to get this stupid coffee to the office, but I can't do that looking like this. And if I go home to change with the coffee, it'll get cold, and apparently, the coffee is supposed to be hot.

"You know, I could lend you a top," Aidan says beside me. What is he even doing here? He doesn't seem like he come to buy coffee. Or was he here all this time and I just didn't notice because I was too busy kissing the floor? I'm pretty sure it's not the second one.