Chapter 4

A bit of a shorter chapter today. 

You know what to do ;) 

A few hours later I was at the door and already calming myself. I walked in, forgoing the polite knocking, and took off my boots; the lounge was large and clean. But newspapers and boots were everywhere- the true look of a biker pres' house. The burning on my back made me focus on the pain, rather than the broken teenage boy lying on the sofa.

I didn't look at the people who had stopped what they were doing, and instead went to the boy who was conscious on the sofa.

"Are you in pain?"

The boy looked away, platinum hair falling across his sweaty forehead. Ah. It was a male honour thing. Exhaling slowly, I decided to try again.

"Are you in pain?"

And again, the boy didn't answer. Knowing the men were watching, and a single man in the corner laughing, I grabbed the boy's shoulder, twisting him to me. If he was in pain it didn't show, only the faint paling of his skin gave an indication.

Without blood on his face, he was actually quite good looking, and not that much younger than me.

A harsh face, all sharp angles and too intense colours- from the white hair to his bright blue eyes. I leaned in closer, nose to nose with him.

"I saved your life. I'm not expecting you to bow to me or serve me for the rest of your days, but I am expecting you to answer me when I ask a question" My voice was hard, one I used with the kids who used to pickpocket me in Spain.

The boy- man- searched my eyes for any sign of weakness, keeping his lips pursed. I let him go gently, sitting back on my heels as I crouched. "Are you in pain?"

A moment passed. "No."

Smiling, I reached out and smoothed his hair back from his hot head. "And I suppose the men didn't do anything to calm the fever?"

Another moment passed-shorter this time. "Viper left a couple of hours ago. The others don't know shit about meds"

He had a nice voice, melodic and almost pretty. I nodded, then stood, stretching my arms. "Thank you for answering. I'll go and grab you some ice packs"

"I don't need you-"

I growled lowly, sending him a hard look. "You will let me help you. Because if I don't, tomorrow you'll be even worse and will cause a lot of extra baggage for your MC okay? So stop acting all manly like half the men in this room, and let me do what I need to"

The kitchen was silent as I grabbed an ice pack, rushing back to put it on his forehead. The boy stared the whole time, chest breathing heavily as I checked his injuries. Sitting back and finally meeting his eyes I raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

The boy gave a one armed shrug, wincing immediately. "Just, Miss, my name is Seamus."

I grinned then, a full faced smile, and shook his limp hand. "I'm Corin Kane. Pleasure to meet you" I then gestured to his limp body. "Well, it's not like you can run away"

He gave me a crooked smile, then passed out-the meds taking effect finally.

"He actually talked to you" A man murmured, disbelief plain on his face. The boy's father, the one that was being restrained. I raised an eyebrow in question. The man leaned back, surprise written all over his face. "Well, he hates women. All of them. So he never talks to them"

Surprise surprise. "Well, what can I say, I must be that irresistable"

The man chuckled, then got up, brushing his hands on his dark wash jeans. "My son is probably going to try and be your prospect you know." After seeing my confused face he continued. "Prospects can choose who they answer to, who is effectively their role model. I could see it in his eyes, he was watching you too closely. He's always been one to make impulsive decisions"