Chapter 20

I went to camp- sorry fam. Well, I came back and then procrastinated. 

I'm probably going to do it again. 

We have reached 3. something, and I am stoked brahs. STOKED. BRAM STOKED. 

Thank ya'll for everything you have done for this story. 

After a thorough night of...you guessed it, Ripper was hard to get off of me in the morning. I winced when I hopped off his bed, cursing his hardwood floors and his apparent need to make me sore the next morning. 

"Don't go" A groggy voice sounded, two large hands pulling me back into Ripper's hard chest. Why did I have such a good looking man? Sometimes I complained to God about it- especially at times where he was being stared at, or I couldn't leave. Now was one of those times. I pulled the sheet off him and curled it around myself, jumping out of the bed quickly before he could grab me again and make me want to stay. 

"I love you Caerul" 

His answering reply was clear, concise and beautiful to my ears. "I love you, Corin Kane." 

I could spend an eternity in that moment. Ripper came up from the bed and followed me into the kitchen, stark naked and with wandering hands that I constantly slapped away. "Help me with the eggs" 

He grinned into my neck, gently nipping. "I'll help you into bed, that's it" 

A laugh escaped me and I gave up. "Stop into McDonald's on the way to mine?" Ripper nodded quickly, hands splaying on my back as he heaved me onto him. A gleam flickered in his eyes, wicked smile quick on his face. 

"I'll have my breakfast here" 

He dropped me onto the table and proceeded to have many servings of breakfast- enough to send me cross eyed for a good two hours. 

******

"Couple of the hour is home!" Slater called, startling me back into Ripper as I placed a hand over my chest. The house was full- nearly both clubs filling the large lounge like bees in a hive. Ripper kissed me on the cheek then left to talk to dad who now was sitting at the table, assuming his normal stance of smoking and drinking coffee. 

It was good seeing him back to normal, more than good- almost an overwhelming sense of relief overcame me. I almost felt guilty at leaving to see Ripper for the night. But then dad smiled at me, opening his arms for a hug. 

Rushing over, I scooped him up in a larger than life hug, glad he was home and healed. 

Viper sat to the left, watching everyone in the room as they milled about- most of them crowding Ripper as he sat. Some meatier bikers that belonged to Viper's clan murmured something to Ripper, and the rage in his eyes was swift and full. 

His fist swung out almost too quickly to see and cracked into the man's face, sending him stumbling. The impact was heard throughout the house and my father held me back as I stood. "Don't Corin. He's gotta do this" 

Viper nodded knowingly, standing to go to his men. Ripper stood fuming, chest heaving as he stared down at the man with blood pouring out of his nose. 

"Don't you dare fucking talk about her like that again. You know what I can do- and I'll do worse to you if you talk about her that way again" Ripper spat on the man, grabbing his collar and dragging him out of the house. The members watched, all seeming to undestand what the fuck he was on about. 

I followed Viper outside, gripping Seamus' arm when he came beside me. Ripper grunted as he kicked the man around, harsh hits full of the unrestrained power in Ripper's body. He seemed to be on a different level of strength than the meaty man on the ground- and by this I mean way stronger despite the difference in size. 

Ripper was a huge, broadly muscled man compacted in to a lean body. Meat man was just a mass of unused gym muscle. 

"Do you understand yet fuckwit?" Ripper roared, stamping down on a particular part of the man's body that made Seamus cringe. Let's just say the man wouldn't be getting a boner anytime soon-this century. He turned his fury filled gaze to all the men watching him outside. 

"You tell every fucking club that Corin is mine. If I don't like something, or she doesn't like something, I'll be there." Ripper turned to us all, pulling the bloody man up with one hand. "And you won't like that" The threat was clear and hung in the air, no one left ignorant to exactly what Ripper meant. 

And even though there was an excitement brewing in me at his words- there was also an anger. I wasn't 'his'. Sure we may have said it like that before- but in a proclamation to two very powerful clubs and all their members? It didn't sit right. No matter how much I loved a man or he loved me- possession isn't love. And I don't think people these days stress that enough. 

I pushed my way through and walked slowly to my still angry man. Blood covered his knuckles, splattered on his clothes and face too. But all I saw was his eyes- those deep, amber eyes that held onto me as I came to him. 

My hand came to his face, drifting down his proud chin. "We're each other's. But our love goes deeper than possession" 

Ripper was silent, seeming to drink in my face until he exhaled. 

"Yeah. We're each other's." 

I lead him back inside, people clearing swiftly as we walked. I didn't know if it was because of the glare on my face or the bloody Ripper at my side- but he gripped my hand tightly, squeezing as if he thought I would leave the next moment. 

I wouldn't. 

And for the first time- I believed myself.