CHAPTER 11

Heya dudes and dudettes, here is another chapter. More Seamus in this one, but the in the next there will be much, much, much more Ripper. A bit short today, but yoloooo

Hugh was quiet the next morning- not the casual kind of reservation he was usually enveloped in, but a pregnant, anger filled silence that put his members on edge. He sat at the table, hands clenched into fists and dark hair in disarray. Deadeye sat next to him, coming over earlier that morning to talk with Hugh.

I fell out of bed, pushing up on my legs even though they shook slightly and making my way over to the table.

Ripper jumped up behind me, exhaling sharply when I grunted in protest to him picking me up. "I just want to sit next to dad"

Hugh's eyes snapped up to mine, softening as he gave me a small smile. Ripper helped me over to him, arm around my waist and pushing me along lightly- even though he had just woken up.

"Mornin' " I said as I sat down, leaning back in the chair. Deadeye nodded to me, taking a sip of his coffee before Hugh spoke. "Are you feeling okay?"

I shrugged then winced, a lance of pain spiking through my shoulders and back. "It won't take long for me to be on my feet again at least." Hugh assessed me again before gripping my hand in his. "You nearly gave me a heart attack girly" He beat his chest with his other hand, pain at possibly losing me plain on his face. I teared up immediately, squeezing his hand tighter.

"You won't lose me dad. I'm a trooper" He smiled, wiping his eyes before standing up and announcing he was going to make breakfast. Ripper's hands came around my waist as he kneeled behind the chair, pushing his face into the nape of my neck. I placed my hands on his arms and let myself enjoy the family that I now had.

Deadeye finished his cup of coffee before turning to me, a calculating look on his already hard face. "Where'd you learn to fight like that girl?" His one good eye ticked over, weathered face creasing as he narrowed his eye. "You been fightin' for a long time"

I stiffened slightly before relaxing, knowing Deadeye would be the last person to judge me for a past I was less than proud of. Hugh had turned to me, as had Ripper who was now slightly tense behind my back. I shrugged again, less painful this time, before turning to Deadeye. "Spent a few years in Japan, America and the coast of Brazil. Bianca was taken one time by some racists and beaten to a pulp most days- sometimes I joined in on the fun. One of the more humane gang members taught me to fight on the days I was lucid, and when we broke out of our holdings, I kept on practicing. Sanchez was his name- mean mofo with a wicked right hook, but he taught me to defend myself and to defend others"

I looked to the ceiling, hearing my heartbeat slow down. "I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of to survive, and most of those included beating people who didn't deserve it. Once you do something for long enough, you end up becoming good at it"

The room stayed silent after I finished speaking, the only sound the echo of my voice. Dead eye nodded finally, hand on my shoulder as he stood. "You're strong. Stronger than anyone I've met" And then he left, leaving the room shocked and me tearful again.

Hugh placed a large plate of bacon and eggs in front of me, patting me lightly on the shoulder. "You don't need to fight anymore"

I nodded my thanks, still feeling heavy with memories. "Just because I don't need to, doesn't mean I won't"

There was a dark streak in me, something that revelled in the blood I let from others, enjoyed their cries and grunts of pain as I beat them to a pulp. That was a part of myself I hated- a side I tried to hide. Ripper came and sat by my side and I knew he had heard what I said.