Chapter 23

I actually did a plan for the rest of this story, and we have a few more chapters to go. Do you guys think I need to have a chill chapter? Like one where they just are happy for once? 

idk. 

Thanks for all your feedback by the way, I really do appreciate it. 

The one thing I liked about Deadeye was that he didn't judge. Well, all humans judge, but he didn't let things like beating three women within an inch of death change his opinion of you. Hell, the man came with me to McDonald's after, when I had read Seamus' message of wanting a Mac Attack. Bianca had since gone home, wanting to see her man- who was still in the dog house, it was just a better looking doghouse than before. 

"What do you think Ripper is doing right now?" I started, munching on a few fries. Deadeye gave me a look, turning down our street and gave me what might have been a smirk. 

"Brooding." 

I nodded, knowing that was more than likely. "Organising his revenge if I'm hurt?" 

Deadeye huffed, driving slowly into Ripper's driveway. "Yeah. The man's probably gonna try and rip me one too" 

I laughed, jumping out of the car, precariously juggling the large McDonald's bags I held. "He can try. You were good" 

And Deadeye was- he had stayed out of my way. He had taken me to the houses in silence, then stayed by the front door as we had done what was needed. Then, he had given me a wet cloth to clean my bloody knuckles. 

Like a caring, scarred, very quiet uncle. 

Hands came out from behind me, swiping the takeout out of my grasp and spinning me around. Ripper's rough fingers analysed my face, dark eyes shadowed and concerned. 

"You're okay." He breathed, jaw clenching. I took his hands and smiled despite the lateness of night. "I'm safe." 

And I guess, in Ripper's line of work- me being safe was no small thing. So I appreciated his touch and leaned into his chest. 

Comfort was all he gave. 

______

It was nice- more than nice- waking up in Ripper's, I mean our, bed the next morning. His bare torso was splayed across mine, trapping me in his hard, hot embrace. I smoothed a hand over the planes of his face, letting a smile touch my lips as he breathed lightly. 

I was so in love with him. 

And you know what made me fall for him all over again? When I had come inside and the dishes were done. Thank the Lord for this perfection. 

I heard a snore from the lounge and stood up, swiping one of Ripper's sweaters from the floor since it was a bit crisp. 

The kitchen was silent, apart from Seamus' snores (the boy had followed me from Hugh's to here. Ripper didn't mind at all. Partially because he saw how much I loved Seamus, another part because I promised to do very wicked things to him.) 

I whipped up some quick pancakes, mixing through blueberries in one batch and chocolate chips in the other- both ingredients seeming strange in Ripper's kitchen. 

They both woke up once I started cooking, mirandering into the room guided by their noses. Ripper's dark gaze swept me from head to toe, a gleam of satisfaction when he saw me wearing his sweater. Men. Easy to please. 

"Sit down or make some coffee. I need some caffeine before this day can start" 

Seamus went to work and I pulled Ripper in behind me, wrapping his steel like arms around my waist in a warm embrace. 

"Mornin' sugar" 

That husk in his voice- Lord, calm my soul. 

"Morning, how did you sleep" 

A light chuckle in my air. "Very well. Thanks to you." 

What can I say? Everyone had different sorts of housewarming gifts. I smiled and kissed his cheek before butting him out of the way, sliding a heap of pancakes on two fruit loaded plates. Drizzling them with some fresh chocolate sauce that I had made on them, topping it with a load of cut strawberries. 

"Bon Appetit my boys" 

Seamus put a mug under my nose before tucking in, nodding as he ate. Seeing two men did whole heartedly into your food just makes you feel that much better you know?

I smiled as I sipped my coffee. This was a sight I could get used to. 

_____

Hugh was reading the newspaper when Ripper, Seamus and I came in, freshly dressed and ready to do whatever. 

"Morning dad!" 

He glanced at his watch. "Morning. It's nearly two pm though love" 

I shrugged a shoulder. "Potato, Potahto." I looked closer at Hugh, noticing the deeper lines around his eyes and mouth. 

"What's wrong?" 

Hugh shook his head, looking to the door. "I haven't heard from Hammer in a while. Slater said he left town two days ago" 

I sat down next to him, not liking where this was going. "What do you think he's up to?" 

"I don't know." He glanced at Ripper who was talking to a member, palming the hilt of a dagger in his pocket. "But I don't like this feeling." 

Why could no one just chill? A lot had been going on- almost too much- and was it too much to ask for at least one week of no drama? 

I felt like a book character where the author has nothing planned, so just throws a lot of shit at her to keep it interesting. 

Dad shook his head again, sighing into his hands. "I heard you meted out some...justice last night." 

My gaze went to the scratches on my still red knuckles, thwacks sounding through my head as I remembered the beatings I dished out last night. 

"Yeah." 

"Deadeye went in this morning and cleaned them up. Said they looked worse in the light" 

I flexed my fingers. "They got what they deserved." 

Dad nodded. "They're lucky they got you instead of Ripper." He re thought what he said, disagreeing with himself immediately. "No. They would have been lucky if they had gotten Ripper instead of you." 

I think the whole club knew not to mess with me now. I had no reservations about beating men or women- no matter their past. If they fuck with my own or me, my fists were out and they could possibly die. 

It was a way of life. 

A shadow came over me, drawing my attention to Ripper. His face was tight and fury filled. 

"Hammer's back. And he brought Lacey." 

___

OOO who the fuck is this basic sounding bitch Lacey? 

Thanks for reading my familia, I appreciate every read. 

I appreciate EVEN MORE every vote.