Chapter 22

Contrary to my belief- my father wasn't happy at all to see me go. He had turned silent when I told him my intentions to move out with Ripper, and then left to his room, staying there the whole night. 

In the morning, Ripper came over to help me start packing- and have breakfast with Seamus, Deadeye, Slater and dad. Dad kept his eyes on his plate, eating slowly and silently without looking at anyone at the table. 

This was hitting him harder than I thought it would. 

I sighed and grabbed his hand, startling him enough to get him to walk with me outside. He barely moved more than needed and kept his face towards the ground, big body slouched in.

"Dad?" I murmured, both his hands in mine. 

A few moments passed before he raised his head, eyes watery. "I'm gonna miss you sweetheart" 

My heart broke and I pulled him in quickly, hugging my big bear of a dad tightly. 

"I'm not leaving dad" 

He sniffed, squeezing me so hard I swear I heard my bones crack. "I know. Yeah, I know" 

I thought back to when we had first met, and he had said I looked so much like my mom. Deja Vu must have hit him- me, an eerie lookalike to my mother, copying her steps and leaving. 

The difference was, I loved my dad. She didn't. 

Jezebel was the type of woman to only love herself and what could make her feel. She lured in men, used their money to get drugs and eventually went so high, she crashed to the ground and died. 

Heroin overdose. 

"I'm not leaving you dad. Not for a long while. I have family here- blood and spirit." I glanced back inside, saw the large shadow of Ripper waiting by the door. "And I'm happy here dad. Really fucking happy"

He swiped at his watery eyes, face crinkling as he smiled. "Yeah sweetheart. I know" 

I was never going to be my mother. 

_______________-

The move was quick and painless for everyone but dad. Seamus was happy to be of help, Slater got the people who flaked at his bar to do most of it and Ripper just looked delicious carrying heavy things and sweating. 

I was sitting in Ripper's kitchen with Bianca and Deadeye who had come to help 'supervise' the move. Truthfully, I had tried to help move things, but all I recieved were dark looks as if I had impended on their senses of 'manly duty.' 

"How are things going with Beast?" I asked. Bianca continued twirling her spoon in her cup, a mischevious expression on her face. 

"For me, great. For him- not so much." She shrugged a shoulder, smiling as she thought. "He's lessened on his sexist ways, but it's either all or nothing" 

She was a ball crusher- and I loved her. 

Deadeye sipped his drink, watching the boys outside. "Have you talked with that Hammer boy?" 

Ah, Hammer. The man was still around, I had seen him in town, chatting up a pretty girl who worked at the supermarket. 

"Why would I need to?"

Deadeye's one good eye flicked to me, a knowing look in them. He didn't answer and sipped his beer, turning away from me. 

"You still have club justice to mete out. Those three women need to get what they deserve" 

Their faces immediately popped into my head, drawing a sharp lance of anger. I had nearly forgotten about them- about their beating, their snarling faces, their blood. My fist clenched around my cup, a growl on the edge of my throat. 

"Thank you. For reminding me" 

Bianca sat up, stretching her shoulders, face set in a dark scowl. "For reminding us""

Now was as good a time as any- especially with the men unable to get in our way. But that was the thing about Bianca and I, we always got what we wanted.

And right now, we wanted balance. 

Deadeye stood and brushed himself off, putting his cup in the sink.

"A member has to be present to ensure justice is served." 

I shrugged, walking to mine and Ripper's room to grab a hoodie. Deadeye wouldn't try to stop me- even if he thought I had gotten my justice. 

"Where ya going sugar?" 

Ripper's voice stopped me in my tracks and I turned, smiling at the man who leaned on the doorframe. He was so beautiful. 

"I've got some justice to mete out."

His smirk slipped off his face and he walked forward, taking my waist in his hands. He stroked his thumbs over my hips, seriousness hardening his face. 

"I'm coming" 

I shook my head. "You're going to stay here and teach Seamus something manly since all he does is hang out with me" 

Ripper frowned, jaw clenching. 

He was so cute. I raised up to my tip toes and drew him in for a kiss, sucking lightly on his lower lip before drawing away. "Deadeye is going to be there, I'll be safe." I kissed him on the cheek once more and stepped out of his muscled arms, grinning when he muttered a few expletives. 

"Be safe, love. Please be safe." 

I stopped at his words and nodded- hearing the tinge of desperation. I was going to be safe, and kick some ass while doing it. 

__________

It was dark by the time the first woman came home. She fumbled with the locks as she stumbled in, reeking of alcohol and sex.

Deadeye was outside, Bianca and I were sitting on the sofa. She flicked the light on, glazed over eyes widening when she saw us. 

"W-what the fuck are ya d-doing in my house?" 

Her words were clumsy and I frowned, uncrossing my folded arms. "You know fully well why we are here. And you know what we are here to do" 

The woman's tattooed hands shook as they came to her face, slowly turning sober as the reality of what was about to happen took over. 

Her eyes flicked to Bianca, big and pleading. "Please don't let her do this to me" 

Bianca shrugged a shoulder, rolling them back. "I'm part of the deal you made. If she beats you, you get beaten again. But with me too" 

I stood, holding back a smile as she stepped back and turned away, tripping her way through the rest of her dark house as we followed. 

Bitch was going to get everything she deserved tonight. 

I clicked my knuckles and opened the room she had rushed into. 

"You messed with the wrong woman"

And her screams fell on deaf ears for the rest of the night. 

____

Hey guys, thanks for reading. 

OVER SEVEN THOUSAND VIEWS< I AM SERIOUSLY SPEWING!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

Shits gonna go down. 

Good shit, bad shit, nobody knows. 

Thanks my babes

oxoxoxox