Chapter 3

Edited

It has been a month and things have gone from bad to worse. I cut my contact with Gina and Jessie because eventually they will realise something is wrong and I don't want them to get hurt.

Every day I come home to find a sickening note or an expensive present on my bed. I even started getting unknown phone calls and texts. I just don't know if I can get through this alone.

It's like he is is trying to bend me just to see when I would break, when I would wither away.

Today my parents are coming back home and I have decided enough is enough. I have kept most of the notes and 'presents' he gave me in a box underneath my bed.

I have decided to tell my parents everything from scratch.

I mean that is what parents are for, right? To help their children get through tough times like this.

I was dressed but I couldn't hide the bags under my eyes. I sighed and wiped the ever flowing tears.

Soon the front door opened and I held my breath.

"We're home sweetheart." My mum yelled as she entered the house.

I went downstairs and smiled weakly at her. My mother's smile faded as soon as she saw my swollen bloodshot eyes and pale skin.

"Aubrey, is everything okay?" My mother asked with concern, looking at me with worry clouding her features.

I just broke down crying at her question, maybe I was relieved that I won't have to be home alone tonight or maybe I had waited too long for someone to ask me this.

"Jason!" My mother called for my father who was getting the luggage from the car as she comforted me whilst I cried my eyes out.

"What is-"My father was cut off when he saw me crying on the floor with mum holding me. He came towards us with concern in his eyes.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" My dad asked while sitting on the other side. My mother just rubbed my back as I take a deep breath.

"H-he i-is w-watching m-m-me dad!" I said as more tears escape my eyes.

"Who's watching you?" My mother asked confused and I look at the window and my parents follow my gaze but no one was there.

"It's okay baby girl, you can tell us." My dad says and I nod.

I take a deep breath then say, "W-wait here, I'll be back in a minute."

I go to my room then get the box from underneath my bed and take it downstairs. Suddenly my phone buzzes.

1 new text message

From: Unknown

I warned you love. Don't show it to them and no one will get hurt.

I just ignore it thinking he was bluffing and shakily took the box downstairs where my parents are sitting with a concerned look on their faces.

I put the box in front of them and watch them as they examine the stuff. By the end my mother had her hand over her mouth, despair clouded her eyes and my father had paled, shock etched on his face. 

My mother hugged me as a tear escaped her eye.

"Sweetie everything is going to be okay." She says whilst rubbing my back.

"Bree, don't worry we'll get him arrested but stay careful till then. Okay?" My father says and I nod in response.

"Why don't you go to your room and rest whilst we call the police?" My mother said.