Chapter 7

Mason above. 

Edited. 

He looked at me then said...

"Luckily, her condition is currently stable. She should wake up in a few days but do expect some mental trauma, she has suffered through a lot within the last 24 hours. Other than that, you have to make sure she takes her medicines on time."

I sighed with relief.

"Thank you. Can I go to see her?" I asked.

He nodded then started gathering his stuff and began to leave. Soon I heard the front door close as I entered the guest room.

My eyes began to water as I saw her.

A blood drip was attached to her right wrist and an oxygen mask was on her mouth.

I grabbed a seat and sat beside her holding one of her bandaged hands.

"Why do you make me hurt you?" I mumbled while kissing her hand.

She looked as a pale as a ghost. I sigh, getting up making my way out of the room and closing the door. I go to my room and stare at my blood-soaked sheets. I look at them and my stomach twists. I take a deep breath and then rip the sheets off of the bed throwing them into the laundry basket. I spread some new sheets on the bed and lay down falling asleep instantly as my head hit the pillow.

________________________

I woke up the next morning to the door bell ringing. I opened the door to find Marcus who came to check on Aubrey. Right now I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day.

After a few minutes I got out of the bathroom and made my way towards the guest room and see Marcus about to leave.

He come to me then says, "I have some good news and some bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?"

I shrug in response.

"The good news is she is finally awake and the bad news is she is suffering from severe depression." He said while looking at a clipboard.

I didn't know what to feel? Should I be happy that she is alive or should I be sad about her mental health?

"Can I see her?" I ask.

He nods, "You can but I would not be too surprised if she does not talk to you. By the way her medicines are in a pouch on her nightstand. Make sure she takes them regularly." He says and soon leaves.

I sigh and make my way into the guest room. I see Audrey staring at the ceiling. Her eyes were open but they looked dead with no emotion in them.

"Aubrey, I am so sorry." I said while hugging her and burying my face in the crook of her neck.

But she did not reply. Slowly, her eyes dragged from the ceiling and rested on my face, she stared at me with no emotion. I tried to hold her hand but she flinched at my movement. I sat there in awkward silence then decided to ask, "Aubrey, do you need something? Are you hungry? Please talk to me beautiful." I said desperately, hoping she would answer me. Instead she looked back at the ceiling, and pretended she was in a different world. 

I sighed and made my way outside to smoke a cigarette.

Aubrey POV:

It's been a week since I woke up. Xavier comes daily to my room and tries to get me to talk, but I just ignore him. He comes three times a day and forces food down my throat then gives me some medicines but I always vomit everything out when he leaves the room. I just feel like dying. My world is just grey. I have lost all hope in getting out of here; I would need a miracle in order to escape.