Chapter 8

Edited.

'If you take, we will take back. Steal from us, and we will rob you blind. When you squeeze, we will hit. 

That's the way the world is made now.' 

__________________________

He looked at me with wide eyes, "What do you mean?" He asked still shocked.

"I mean take me with you. Xavier is gone for a week so we can escape. You can take me back to my parents then fly off to where you want to go." I said hopefully.

He shook his head looking down.

"Please-" I was about to say but he cut me off by saying.

"I am sorry, Aubrey, but I can't do that. He'll kill me if I helped you escape." He says.

"He will kill you even if you don't help me escape! Don't you get it?!" I say with anger.

"I am sorry, Aubrey." He replied, his voice laced with regret.

That is when I had enough.

I looked at him with teary eyes and then said, "Don't say that word to me EVER again because it doesn't mean anything to you."

"Aubrey, please try to under-" He began to say but I cut him off and continued.

"No Mason, you try to understand! He took me away from everything and when I am just this close to my freedom you trick me and drag me back to this hell hole just to be punished. He tried to kill me! I was mute these past few days, Mason." I say, disappointment clouding my features. "You can't blame me for asking for your help and trying to escape." I feel my tears start to flow.

"I thought you were different, I thought you would help me, and be my friend but I guess I was wrong." I whispered more to myself than him. I looked at him and his eyes were blood shot from the never-ending tears.

"Aubrey, I am so so-" He began to say but I cut him off.

"No, Mason, I am sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you. It's okay. I understand. Hope you escape and enjoy your freedom." I said without any emotion. I got up then looked at him and said.

"Hope you come to my funeral Mason."

Then left the living room with my hopes scattered in a thousand pieces.

I guess I am not leaving after all.

Mason's POV:

I was currently sitting in the living room with my hands over my eyes crying. Yeah, I know, it's childish for a person like me to cry but I felt so guilty for bringing her back to this hell hole. I was the reason she had scars covering her arms.

One minute she was shouting at me with anger and then the next minute it was like someone jerked her and she forgot how to feel, she became emotionless. 

I don't know why but her words were like a stab to my heart. I don't know why I care? I have never felt this way before. It was as though I liked her. Which is impossible, we just met. 

But her smile did make my heart flutter and the fact that Xavier hurt her made me want to break Xavier's face.

I sighed and then thought of the last words she said to me before leaving.

What does she mean by, 'See you at my funeral?'

I thought for a while then it clicked, making my eyes widen in horror.

I hurriedly got up and ran towards the guest room. I tried to open the wooden door but it was locked. I started banging on the door, as hard as I could. I could hear the faint squeak of the doors hinges threatening to snap under pressure.

"Audrey, open the door!" I shouted but I got no reply.

I went downstairs and got the keys of the room. I opened the door and saw...

_________________________

Cliff-hanger! Just a filler, guys

Cliff-hanger! Just a filler, guys. I am so sorry for a short chapter but I will update a longer chapter as soon as I can. Keep smiling my lovelies.