Chapter 10

Edited.

'I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.' 

~ The Fault In Our Stars, John Green

______________________________________

I stood like a statue, shocked from fear. How does he know we were going to leave? Unless, I looked at the corners of the wall and my eyes widen... of course, cameras.

Shit! This was just a test to see if I would go along with it. He probably never even left town.

Shit! Shit! Shit! I should have stayed in bed mute; that means if he knows about us leaving he must also know... Oh God!

He knows about me and Mason. 

This means he will kill him, but I will never let that happen. I broke out of myvtrance after hearing Xavier shout, "How dare you touch her? She's mine!" He doesn't notice me standing there. 

It was my fault he was in this mess. How many people have to suffer because of me before this ends? I decided to get out of the corner and do a very stupid thing; I took a plate and threw it at Xavier's head catching him off guard.

"Mason, GO!" I shouted as Xavier fell to the ground.

"Aubrey, I am not leaving without you." Mason shouted but I shook my head and then yelled, "Go without me!"

He looked at me shocked then began to say, "Aubrey-"

But I cut him off yelling, "Mason, JUST GO!" as tears streamed down my face.

He was holding back tears but soon got up and ran out of the door into his car, driving away. I looked at Xavier who was clutching at his wound and was slowly getting up.

I ran past him, up the stairs and soon heard footsteps pounding behind me. I ran into the guest bed room and hid in the closet.

Soon I heard banging on the door. "Aubrey, open the god damn door now!" Xavier shouted.

I ignored him and placed both my hands on my mouth, preventing me from screaming and wiggled further into the closet behind the clothes hoping he wouldn't find me. The design of the closet was of wooden cut work so I could easily see outside.

Soon the door burst open and revealed a fuming Xavier. He looked pissed with his red face and darkened eyes. When he noticed I was hiding his anger faded and he smirked.

He whispered in a deadly calm tone, "Come out, come out wherever you are." He went to the bathroom and looked under the bed. Suddenly, his eyes landed on the closet.

"Gotcha." He said and made his way towards the closet. When he was close enough I opened the closet door and ran out of the room with Xavier just inches away from me.

I went into 'our' room and was about to close the door but he got inside and slammed me against the wall, pinning me into place.

I looked at Xavier who looked like a monster but I wasn't too shocked since he already was one in my views. He stared to me and then brought his mouth near to my ear.

"You honestly thought you could get away," he said with a sadistic smile on his face, patronising me. 

Tears flowed from my eyes but I turned my head so I wasn't facing him but instead the wall. He didn't deserve to see the anguish written on my face.

"Too bad your Mason isn't here, but don't worry he will be coming back soon," he said.

"P-please don't hurt him. It's my fault. He was trying to-" I tried to say but was cut off.