Chapter 20

Edited. 

This is the last chapter!!! Let's just take a moment...

Xavier POV:

She's finally back, after looking at her from afar for months, I finally have her back. I looked at her unconscious, sleeping form on the bed which was huddled with blankets because of the cold weather. 

We were staying at a run down motel that was hours away from her University. I plan on taking her to my mansion which is surrounded by trees so even if she escapes, she has no idea where she's going. It is still a 7 hour drive though so I thought I should have a little rest before we continue since it is 1:03 in the morning. With a loud sigh, I go to the bed and lay down beside her. She was still asleep from the drugs Mason gave her and she would remain that way for another 9 hours or so. 

I wrap my arm around her waist and adjust her to suit my needs. With her face now facing me, I caress her cheek with the back of my hand and stare at her. 

So beautiful. 

 I can't believe the plan with Mason actually worked. At first it was just a little test to see how faithful she was. And when she decided to run away and go to University with him? Well, she set herself up for failure. Mason never liked her. I mean, he complained about her to me enough times. I'm just glad I won't get anymore headaches from his constant yapping because now he doesn't have anything to fuss about. 

I sigh with happiness and bring my angel closer to me. Why can't she see how much I love her? We're made for each other. 

I kiss her one more time before falling asleep, nuzzling my face into the crook of her neck. 

Aubrey's POV: 

I groaned at the splitting headache. I bring my hand up to touch the necklace Mason gave me when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Since then I never took it off. I feel arms around my waist and a face in my neck. 

Mason.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that Xavier hijacked the Uni and Mason helped him kidnap me again. I sigh and open my eyes, only to find myself in a unfamiliar room. More like a run down motel. 

What the hell? 

That's when realisation hit me, I looked at my waist and saw tattooed arms. Mason doesn't have tattoos. 

Shit! It wasn't a dream after all. Which meant... Mason. He really betrayed me. It was all a lie. I begin panicking as I hear Xavier groan and nuzzle his face further into my neck. 

I tried to relax and pretend to sleep but paranoia got the best of me and I shot up, out of the bed to the other side of the room. 

Xavier leaped up and looked here and there, as goosebumps began to form on the tips of my skin. 

Where's my jacket?

Xavier's eyes landed on me and releases a sigh of relief. He gets out of bed and heads towards me. 

"Stay away from me." I plead. 

He snickered and then said, "Sweetheart, I think you know me better than that." 

When he was a few steps away from me I took a deep breath and ran towards the door but he grabbed my upper arms, swinging me so I was facing him. 

"Still trying to run away," he says whilst shaking his head in disapproval. 

He lifted me over his shoulder and threw me onto the bed. I took a deep breath and screamed at the top of my lungs, causing him to laugh. 

"Scream all you want, babe. No-ones going to hear." He said tauntingly.