Chapter 9

Edited.

Aubrey's POV:

I went to the guest room and locked the door then began to bawl my eyes out.

Why doesn't he care? 

Can't he see how much pain I'm in? I thought he was my friend. I thought he would help me... but I guess I was wrong.

I let out a sob then I start thinking about the long and painful death I will have if I stay here. Along with different scenarios of the things Xavier could do to me before I die.

Torture or even rape.

I won't let that happen. I won't let someone violate me like that, especially him. But it's just a matter of time until he does.

I continue to sob.

I can't take it anymore. I won't allow myself to end like that, under his command.

Then frantically my eyes dart across the room, looking for anything sharp. But I couldn't seem to find anything. Suddenly, I heard banging on the door.

"Aubrey, open the door!" Mason shouted.

I guess he figured it out.

I continue to look for something with which I could just end it with, then my eyes landed on to the pouch of pills. I tore the pouch and took out a bottle of sleeping pills.

I hurriedly emptied the content of the bottle in my hand and was about to swallow them when suddenly the door burst open.

I looked at the doorway and saw Mason standing there with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

"Aubrey, please don't." He said while inching closer and closer to my fragile body.

I look at him and allow a sob to escape my lips.

"Mason I'm sorry but I can't live like this. It's just a matter of time before Xavier comes back and hurts me again. I would rather kill myself quickly than die a slow painful death. Goodbye, Mason." I whispered and was about to swallow the pills before suddenly I was tackled to the ground.

The pills dropped and scattered everywhere on the floor. I looked at Mason who was on top of me pinning my hands above my head as I began to sob.

"Why?! Why can't you do me a favour and let me end it?" I sobbed.

"Because I care for you." He simple said.

I give him a humourless laugh.

"You care for me? If you cared for me you would let me die considering you won't help me." I said.

Suddenly, I felt warm lips meet mine. The explosion of fireworks was unexpected, and I don't know why but I kissed him back. It felt... right. He felt... right.

After a few minutes we pulled back. I stared at Mason as he brought out foreheads together so they were slightly touching.

"I care for you, Audrey. I like you more than just a friend. I don't know how it is possible but every time I look at you my heart skips a beat. I know we just met and that you would probably hate me but I just want you to know I like you, okay? And I won't let Xavier hurt you again."

I looked at him shocked as a tear fell from his eyes. It was the sweetest thing anyone ever said to me.

Without thinking I grabbed his shirt and crashed his lips onto mine. After a few minutes we broke apart and stared into each other's eyes.

I looked to the side smiling then said, "Can you get off me now?"

He chuckled then replied, "Only if you don't try to kill yourself again."