Chapter 5

Edited

I looked at the familiar beach where my parents and I use to come every summer since I was 7. Once in a while I would still come here and sit by the shore just so I could think. It was like a secret place of mine which I didn't want to share with anyone, not even Jessie or Gina.

But the thing that worried the most was that this place was miles away from home, so even if I managed to get out of here how would I go back?

You never know till you try.

I sigh and made my way back to the sofa, thinking of a plan to get out of here. I wasn't going to get out of here even if I had to run thousands of miles to go home, to be with my family and friends.

The thought of my parents made my stomach twist. It would be an understatement if I said that I don't regret telling them about this. If I hadn't told them anything, they would be happy at home, and would not  be getting chased by a group of gangsters. 

A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away.

Suddenly I heard Xavier shouting. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND THEM?!"

Was he talking about my parents? I quickly got up and made my way towards the room Xavier was in. I put my ear against the door and began to make listen to the conversation. Even though I could only hear one side of it; it would still be worth it.

"I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE WITH THE POLICE! FIND THEM AND KILL THEM. I WILL NOT LET THEM TAKE AUBREY AWAY FROM ME!" He bellowed.

I hurriedly went back to the living room and sat on the sofa pretending nothing happened. So he was talking about my parents. A smile made its way on my lips knowing they were safe.

Soon I heard a door open and close. I wiped the smile off of my face so Xavier wouldn't suspect a thing. I looked down and started playing with the hem of my skirt.

After a few seconds I felt the sofa dip beside me and two thick arms twined themselves around my waist.

"Missed me beautiful?" He said whilst I struggled to move away from him. He tightened his grip. 

"Don't call me that." I said whilst looking down at my lap.

"I think it suits you and I can call you anything I like considering you are mine." He said while putting his index finger underneath my chin forcing me to look at him.

I tilt my head to the side and stare at the wall.

Xavier sighs then gets up.

"Do you want to go outside to the beach?" He asks.

I nod, thinking this might be my chance. He smiles at me and takes my hand in his unlocking the back door and walking towards the shore.

We sat near to the shore for some time not talking to each other just staring at the ocean. After a few minutes Xavier decides to break the awkward silence.

"Umm... you're probably hungry. I'm going to go inside and order some pizza, alright?"

He got up and then said, "don't even think of running away because I will find you and make sure you learn your lesson."

With that he went inside. I was thinking of running but I decided it wasn't a sensible time. Even if I get a few minutes head start Xavier would soon catch up with me considering he is taller and much more masculine.

I got up and decided to move closer to the water. I take off my boots and placed them where I was sitting. I went to the shore so that only my feet were getting wet as the waves hit the sand. I smiled every time the water touched my toes, enjoying the feeling of the cold water and sand touching my feet. This is one of the times I wanted to forget every care in the world. I just wanted to forget everything and enjoy this moment, here, alone.