Chapter 13

Edited. 

The plane landed and we made our way to the cab. Mason and I were holding each others hands while a person was dragging our trolley which was piled with our suitcases. Classes start in two days and all the students were supposed to come at least two days early for the orientation ceremony which was tomorrow morning while the rest of the day will be free.

Soon we reach the University and Mason payed the cab driver. I take out my mobile phone and start dialling my mum's number.

"Who are you calling?" Mason asks, stepping towards me.

"Mum." I simply say.

He nods while chuckling then grabs hold of my hand, leading me to the reception. After a few minutes my mum finally picks up.

"Hey, mum. We finally reached California." I say.

"How was the flight sweetie?" She says.

"It was okay, mum. I'll call you later, I have to go." I say.

"Okay, sweetheart. Take care and stay safe." She replies and then hangs up.

I look at Mason who was frowning at the paper the receptionist handed him.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Dorm room numbers." He says while holding a piece of paper in front of my face which I suppose would be mine.

I look at it.

"Mine is 470. Yours?" I say looking at him.

"471." He says.

I nod and then say, "Why are you frowning?"

"I thought we could have the same dorm. He said in a baby voice which causes me to laugh.

"We both know that is never going to happen." I say.

He pouts and then folds his arms in front of his chest like a baby. I smile and grab his hand. 

"Come on." While a couple girls shoot me some envious looks. I mean, who wouldn't? My boyfriend is sexy.

Mason notices the group of girls and then brings his mouth close to my ear.

"Want to make them jealous?" He says while smirking.

I smirk and the lean in, kissing him smack on the lips. After a few seconds we break apart and look at the girls who were fuming with jealousy along with a few boys.

We chuckle and start finding our dorm. After a few minutes of roaming we finally stopped in front of a door which had the words 470-473 written on it in bold letters. I looked at Mason and smiled, I guess we have the same dorm after all. We opened the door to find a large living room with a LCD and a sofa on one side and a gaming console on the other. Then there was a hallway with two doors on each side and a door at the end of the hallway. The rooms on either side of the hallway had the numbers 470, 471, 472 and 473 engraved on them in bold letters. 

Suddenly, the room number 473 opens and a boy with auburn hair and blue eyes walks out. He looks at us and then shouts, "Yo! Kayla, our room mates are here."

He then comes up to us and says, "Hi, I'm Aiden, your room mate." He extends his hand for me to shake before he and Mason do some awkward bro hug.

"I am Aubrey and this is my boyfriend, Mason." I say smiling.

"You guys are dating?" He asks.

"Yup. What part of 'boyfriend' do you not understand?" I say causing him and Mason to chuckle. Suddenly room number 472 opens and a girl with auburn hair and blue eyes wanders out. She looks just like Aiden.

"What's so funny?" She says whilst coming towards us.

Aiden just shrugs and the says, "Kayla, this is Aubrey and Mason, our roommates."

She smiles at us and then pulls us both into a hug with a tight grip. "It is so nice to meet you." She says.

After she releases us, she goes to Aiden and playfully punches him in the elbow.

Not taking it anymore I finally ask. "Are you both related?"

Kayla looks at me and then says, "Yes, sadly he is my twin brother." Causing Aiden to put his hand over his chest and sigh dramatically.

"Yeah, I can feel the love sis." He says causing Kayla to chuckle and put his hand to the left side of his chest.

"Your heart is there, doofus." She says causing Mason and I to laugh.

"I am done. Do you want me to help?" Kayla says.

"Yes, please." I saw whilst dragging out the word, please.

She laughs and then says, "Let's go, then we can go to IKEA tomorrow and decorate our rooms."

I nod in agreement as we leave Mason and Aiden in the living room whom were getting ready to play on Aiden's XBOX.

Maybe mum was right, I might be safe here.

Then suddenly my phone buzzed.

1 new text message.

Not again...

__________________________

Okay, guys. I am sorry that there isn't much action or drama going on and the story is going a bit slow but I promise you, you will not regret reading this story in the end. I need to write a bit about her college life before I bring Xavier back into this shit but don't worry. The next chapter won't be so crappy. Again, I am so sorry for disappointing you guys. Keep smiling my beautiful supporters.

AND I AM ALSO SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT. I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH EXAMS SO... I PROMISE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER!