(#2) Astral Form

Darkness, the only thing you could see. You didn't know how much you have spent enveloped in it, and you never thought you would say this in your life.

You were scared.

The last thing you remember that happened before 'waking up' in that abyss was the moment when you were driving home after a long day of work.

You could clearly recollect the moment when you turned a corner, looking side to side and two flashing lights coming your way at hunderd miles per hour as you closed your eyes for what was coming...

You had two theories of what was going on. Number one was that you were definitely dead, perhaps in a dimension where you are stuck forever. Or number two, where you were just unconscious or on a coma.

You liked to believe it was the second one of them.

But it was hard to believe that as time went on. You didn't know how long you have been there, it could be minutes, hours, days, even months...

You shook your head, trying to bring up your hands yo rub your eyes only to be received by the familiar tug of an unknown force that didn't let you move.

"Brain activity detected, this patient may be able to come back." A voice spoke up, making you look around, trying to find the source of it.

"But when exactly?" A different voice spoke up, you thought it was familiar, but sadly, you couldn't really remember who you were or if you had a family. You only had that memory in your mind, and it wasn't that pleasant.

"That is not certain... It may take from days to months" The same voice from before, a doctor you assumed, said. Both persons continued talking, though your brain was not paying attention to the talk anymore.

Months? You could be staying in that state for months?! How long have I been unconscious? You wondered to yourself once again. You were getting frustrated, everytime you thought your questions would be answered, more and more questions came up, only making the situation worse.

By the time you finished your thoughts, the two voices had left, the sound of your environment now being of a constant beeping.

At least it was something.

You were relieved to know you were still alive, and you were now sure you were in a coma. But the rest was just plaing confusing, and somewhat frustrating.

"Strange seriously? You can't just barge in the rooms of patients in coma!" A feminine voice came up, catching your interest as you listened intently. Some shuffling was heard and you soon felt as the bed dipped down besides your unmoving laying form.

"There is something fishy in this patient, I know it Christine!" A male voice spoke up right besides you. More shuffling was heard and you felt the man whisper in your ear. "Hey there uhhh... (Y/N)?" He spoke up, having read the tag on the end of your bed.

"I know you can hear me, probably you are just a bit stuck." He continued as two firm hands were set on your shoulders. "I'll help you" He said softly, pulling you forward when he was in reality pulling you towards him.

"Strange! What are you doing? You can't just grab patients like that!" The woman scolded, his movement faltering for a moment. "You'll see Christine" The man replied as his movements continued, stopping for a moment before he suddenly pulled you towards him in a sharp movement.

Your body jerked forward, you felt yourself going through an invisible force and soon your eyes were blinded by light.

Light!

Oh how good it felt to see light again. You heard a gasp and a door closing and followed by someone locking it. "See Christine? She was stuck" The man spoke up.

You patted around your face, opening your eyes slowly as you got accustomed by the light surrounding you.

As you opened your eyes, you found yourself in a hospital bed, a nurse standing to your left with a tag with the name Christine written on it. You blinked in amazement, turning to your right and seeing the man who had spoken to you.

He was wearing a dark blue attire that looked old, a red cloak around his neck and a pendant with a metallic eye hanging on the middle of his chest. Your gaze landed on his eyes, amazed by those gray captivating eyes he had.

Before you could say anything, you found something peculiar about yourself.

You were floating.

You started to panick a bit as you suddenly started floating up and away from your body, squirming in the air as you got further away.

Before you went through the ceiling, a firm hand grasped yours and pulled you back down. "Hey hey, it's alright, take it easy, you are just in your astral form." He said in a calm voice, making you relax as you nodded, relieved once you were back down.

"Do you remember what happened to you?" He asked you, the woman next to your bed watching you with wide eyes. You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly as you nodded. "I-I think I was in a car accident, I don't recall much" You spoke in a small voice, somewhat scared at the thought of what happened to you.

The man nodded and smiled as he stood up and bowed slightly. "Doctor Strange at your service, and this over here is my former co-worker and friend Christine Palmer" He introduced, pointing at the woman who only smiled assuringly at you.

"Doctor Strange" You repeated as you stared at him for a moment. "I don't know what you did, but you may have just saved me from that abyss." You said with a genuine smile.

"Don't thank me, I knew you were still in there, you just seemed stuck in between this dimension and the astral dimension." He spoke curtly as he ran a hand through his hair.

You nodded, taking a moment to process the situation as you looked at him once again. "And what do I do now? Am I going to stay stuck forever in here?" You asked, dread filling your voice as you watched your unconscious body.

"Don't worry (Y/N) I'll help you"

His eyes shone with determination.

"I'll be there for you."

This imagine wasn't requested, it was an idea of mine :) Hope you enjoyed it.