(#4) I'm sorry- Part 2

Several of the sorcerers that had arrived launged forward at Stephen, soon engaging into a reluctantly fought battle. One of them was not fighting with him as he was checking on you. A very well known librarian also.

Wong.

He kneeled besides you, dodging the attack of a magic bolt as he picked up your body, not caring at all if his clothes got damped with your blood. He looked aroudn the room, trying to find Ancient One, when he saw her he spoke. "I'll come for you in a moment" He said with a nod of his head as he rushed across the room, pushing the doors open as he looked back a last time to the battle his sorcerer friends were having with Stephen.

The sound of battle was left behind as the doors closed behind him. His footsteps thudding against the floor resonated across the halls as he quickly approached your room, kicking the door open as he layed you down on it.

He knew that you were dead by the lack of breathing and pulse. He knew you were gone and you weren't coming back. He felt... heartbroken.

How could Stephen do something like this to you? How could he possibly kill the one he loved?

He sighed slightly, his head turning to he door as it opened, Mordo walking in. "Wong? What are you doing in (Y/N)'s room? I just saw you ru-" He stopped himself mid sentence, staring at your unmoving body with shock. He slowly approached your bed until he was standing besides Wong.

"D-Did Stephen do it?" He asked after having gotten out of his initial shock, the librarian nodding as he reached a hand over your face and closed your eyes, which were open as you died staring at Stephen. Mordo clenched his fist as he spoke loudly and moving towards the door. "That bastard! He will see wh-"

Wong stopped him before he could move an inch, him still looking at your frowning face. "Don't. He is not Stephen and you know it." He started with a soft voice. "You know he would never kill (Y/N)!"

Mordo looked at him with a surprised expression, having never seen the librarian like this before. He soon realized what he was saying as he lowered his fist. "Right. We need to go in there and bring him back." He said with hope lacing his voice, walking out the door with with no more words spoken.

Wong stood there in silent for a moment, wanting to believe you were only sleeping. He sighed, walking out of the room and heading towards where Stephen and Ancient One where.

*back at the battle*

Ancient One watched as Stephen easily defeated her fellow sorcerer. She closed her eyes for a moment, watching as his hand clutched one of te sorcerer's throat, his smile staying printed in her mind as she opened her eyes and shouted. "Enough!"

Everyone soon stopped, including Stephen who let go of the sorcerer. "What?" He dared as he turned around and looking at Ancient One. "I said stop Stephen." She replied calmly, hastily standing up, clutching her abdomen with her hand.

"This..." She said, looking around the room and back at Stephen. "This was and will never be you Stephen, I know it." She said, continuing as she saw a lack of response. "You would never hurt any of us like that".

She looked down for a moment, soon looking at him with an intense glare. "You can now stop pretending you are him Kaecilius" She spat with venom, several gasps sounding around the room.

His confused expression soon turned into one of irritation. "About time you realized Ancient One. You surely took long enough." He said, starting to approach her slowly. He lifted a hand up and looked at it and back at her. "Be grateful, I gave Stephen more power than he could have ever imagined."

Ancient One scoffed as she was now standing at full height, one of her hands on her back. "Stephen has a big ego, one of his weaknesses indeed. His mind can be easily controlled" He retorted, not noticing how Mordo approached him with his staff, Ancient One keeping quiet as she wanted to grant them more time.

"And your mind can be defeated easily Kaecilius" He soon noticed his error as he started turning around, being received by Mordo's staff as he was sent back flying, hitting a wall and falling unconscious.

His invisible weapons disappeared, freeing those who were trapped by them. Ancient One approached Stephen with the help of Wong, kneeling down next to him as she erased Kaecilius's mark on Stephen's neck.

"How do you think he will react when he knows what happened to (Y/N)?" Wong asked, Mordo watching as Stephen's Cape of Levitation retreated back to him and took him off to his room. Ancient One stared at him for a moment. "He will be heartbroken by this indeed" She said, walking out of the temple with slow steps. "But he is Stephen, I know he won't just give up" And with that said, she walked in her room, closing the door and leaving Wong confused as to what she meant by that.

A door slamming open was heard, followed by two people arguing with each other. Wong approached the scene, watching as Stephen and Mordo stood outside your room, the door open wide...

"Who did this to her Mordo?! Who did it?!" He continued asking the male, only to be received by silence. He was trying not to snap back at Stephen, but it was becoming harder by the minute. Wong quickly approached them and got in between the both, looking at Stephen calmly. "You did this Stephen" He said, going directly to the point.

Stephen froze at this as he opened his mouth and closed it again, glancing at your lifeless form. "I did this to her?" He asked, barely above a whisper. Wong set his hands on his shoulders as he shook him out of his thoughts. "It wasn't you, Kaecilius took over your body. It wasn't yo-"

"But I let Kaecilius take over my mind! I was weak and now (Y/N) is dead." He said sadly, slumping down to the floor as he sighed. "And now I have lost her." He said softly, laying his head back.

Mordo walked out of the room, leaving the both alone in a tense silence. He soon came back with the Eye of Agamotto, setting it in Stephen's hand. "It is wrong to change nature, bring people back from the dead, but maybe you can change the future. It's your choice."

Stephen stared at the eye, nodding as he stood up with a determined look on his face. "Let's do this."