(#3) I'm sorry

"Please Stephen! You need to understand! I-It wasn't me the one who did it!" You exclaimed in distress, backing up until you were cornered against the wall, Stephen approaching you with dangerous steps.

You could hear how he almost scoffed, looking down and to the side, staying like that for a moment, the only sound reaching your ears being your accelerated heartbeat, which almost felt as if it were about to burst out of your chest from how nervous you were.

And scared.

You had never seen Stephen like this ever, not even when he lost what he thought was one of the most important things in his life.

His hands.

He had a somber, dark and almost creepy expression on his face, making chills run down your spine as you gulped softly, watching as his gaze landed on yours, his gray eyes a dark shade, like a sky before a terrible storm.

It really felt like a bad one was coming.

He suddenly started laughing, starting by soft hiccups of laughter and slowly increasing to a full laugh, resonating across the room. You watched him with a panicked look, glancing over at Ancient One who seemed just as panicked and shocked as you were.

You both stood frozen, watching as his laughter slowly died down until a wide grin remained on his face. Time stopped for a second. "Oh (Y/N)... I can't believe I thought you were the innocent one in this big mess of a problem" He started after what seemed to be forever, Ancient One observing carefully Stephen's moves, as if examining a subject in a laboratory.

You put your hands out in defence, watching as he took a tentative step towards you. "S-Stephen I... I wasn't t-the one who-"

"Shut it bastard!" He interrupted in a loud yet deep voice, the chills running down your spine only instensifying as you shook slightly in fear. This time he didn't hesitate in his steps as he started to walk towards you with large steps as he formed an invisible energy weapon, yet you could see its presence.

You froze in realization, your head turning to Ancient One who seemed to be thinking the same thing as you.

One of the weapons Kaecilius always used.

As he was getting closer to you, Ancient One got in between the both of you, her setting a hand on Stephen's chest which was immediately slapped away by him.

She glared at him intensely, knowing really well that he was not the Stephen you both knew.

The Stephen you loved...

Tears started welling up in your eyes as you watched both, who are best friends and partners in sorcery. Both friends who basically shared a lot in common. Both friends who treated each other with respect and love. It hurt both you and Ancient One seeing him like that.

"Stephen" She started, seeming to be thinking of which words she would use so he wouldn't get angry to do something that wasn't rational.

"This is not you" She continued, watching as he didn't make any move at all. "We know you are in there, (Y/N) knows it too" At the sole mention of your name, he reacted as he took Ancient One's arm, throwing her across the room with an unknown incredible force.

You watched in horror as she crashed through the wall. Stephen's granted force was definitely a lot.

She sat up with difficulty, clutching her abdomen as she whiped some blood dripping down her lip.

Stephen smiled as he turned to you. "Such weaklings" He said with such venom, you could almost believe it really was venom.

"And the one responsible for this." He said, moving up his barely movable hands, lingered in scars and several cuts. "Was you!" He screamed with such anger that made you shrink in your shoes.

By now you were sobbing, Ancient One was trying to get up, but it seemed that the hit really affected her.

You couldn't with his anymore, this wasn't him! This wasn't the man you loved!

"This isn't you Stephen Strange!" You screamed back, watching as he froze, something triggered in the back of his mind as he slightly loosened his grip on his invisible weapon. But it seemed as it was only your imagination, watching as his eyes darkened and he ran at you with a quick speed.

Before you knew it, you were pinned against the wall...

By his weapon.

You gasped quietly, looking down and looking at the weapon that now went through you. Your chest heaved, your mind fuzzing over as you watched a warm dark liquid running down your stomach.

Blood.

Your blood.

Ancient One watched in horror as Stephen smiled and slowly but surely twisted the weapon inside you, making you cry in excruciating pain, your screams now filling the dimly lit room.

"I hope you never come back brat" He said with a smirk, pulling his weapon out and watching as you slid down the wall, a stain of your blood left behind you. You slumped down on the ground, the blood gushing out of your blood with more intensity.

Your eyes glazed over, your vision blurring as you watched Stephen's boots, coughing and gasping for air as you spoke your last words. "I-I am s-sorry Stephen" You said, this time not being ashamed of crying, knowing well that you had very little time left.

You glanced over at Ancient One, who stared back at you. You both shared a silent conversation with unspoken words. You nodded at her goodbye, your heart beating slower each time until it reached a full stop, your lifeless body staring back at Stephen who only watched from afar.

"Oh Stephen" Ancient One said, catching his attention as he turned around to look at Ancient One's weeping form. "What did you do" She said breathlessly, the doors bursting open and several sorcerers launging forward at Stephen.