(#17) Where is your family little one?- Part 2

Requested by PerkyElf As always, thanks for reading.

"Come on Ancient One, don't be a party pooper and let me keep her" He whined slightly, his arms wrapped around your small form protectively as he looked at Ancient One. She stared at you for a moment, tapping her chin in thought. She breathed in and prepared to answer.

"No" She stated, turning around as she crossed her arms behind her, starting to walk away followed by Mordo. "Aww come on! Why not?" Stephen asked witt disappointment, taking your small hand in his as he motioned for you to follow behind. He quickly caught up with them.

"Stephen. You are not a father figure in all ways, your ego keeps you from doing a good job with kids. Remember what happened with that turtle I put you in charge to care?" She asked him, stopping abruptly as she turned around once again.

"It's not my fault that god dam turtle had knowledge of portals and transmutation!" He answered in frustration, watching as you raised a brow curiously. "It's a long story for later (Y/N)"

You nodded, noticing Ancient One observing the both of you intently. "Oh fine. But you will have a full week of testing before it is stated that she can stay. And that testing starts now. You should show her where she will be sleeping." And with that said, she was gone together with Mordo, leaving the both of you alone in the middle of the hallway.

He stared at the empty spot Ancient One was standing before he looked down at you. "Hmm the temple is big, but I think it will be better if you stay in my room for now. I'll have to arrange a room next to mine so we won't be far away." He spoke in thought.

Meanwhile, you had hugged his leg, your arms wrapped around it and not planning on letting go. Soon enough, Stephen had started walking, and by the looks of it, he didn't notice how you were. He headed with slow steps towards his room, thinking where he should let you sleep. Perhaps you can have his bed and he'll have the floor.

He soon arrived to what you thought was his room. He opened the door and walked in, tapping his chin in thought as he took in the size and where all his things are located.

"Well, (Y/N) perhaps you want to sleep besides me in my bed? It is kinda big so you won't have to worry about me crushing you at night." He spoke after a minute, looking down at you as you tried to stifle your laughs.

"Y-Yes Mister" You answered with a nod, letting go of his leg as you climbed up the bed and started to jump on it. Stephen moved his head up and down as he watched you jump, watching as his cloak of levitation joined you in jumping, which was a strange sight. (Ha, get it?)

***

"Alright (Y/N), now that you are settled, we can start our tour through the temple. How does that sound?" You nodded quickly, following behind him as you both turned a corner and out into a clear space.

"This are the training grounds. Usually Mordo and sometimes Ancient One help me train in here. I learn new things every training session. If you ever become interested in sorcery, I can start teaching you. Actually, that will happen since we need you to know how to defend yourself in case something bad happens and you are alone for some reason. Doubt that will happen." He spoke quickly, walking past you as he pushed two doors open and looked around.

"This is the library. Here you can find a wide variety of books about sorcery. Do you know how to read (Y/N)?" He asked you, taking your hand in his as he walked through the endless rows of books available to everyone.

You nodded your head timidly. "I know how to read. But I am not that good at it Mister Strange" You spoke shyly, watching as he took a decently thin book and handed it to you. "Here. I'll teach you how to strengthen your reading skills, but when I can't, you can open a book and try reading it. It will help definitely."