(#9) Do you remember me?

Requested by Rueinn  As Always, thanks for reading. Oh and I apologize for misspelling a lot. I usually write really fast and don't see my error.

Stephen quickly dodged, using his transmutation to shield himself from his enemy's attack. The shadow figured seemed to be getting angrier by the minute as he disappeared for a moment, appearing behind him unbeknownst to him.

Before Stephen could react, he found himself been sent flying back and hitting the wall with a thud and followed by a crunch, groaning as he sat up with difficulty, clutching his arm in pain.

His enemy laughed, approaching him with dangerous steps and with a spear in hand. Stephen panted, breathing with dificulty as he lifted his head up standing up slowly, letting out a hiss of pain when he made a bad move with his broken arm.

A door opened behind him, your figure stepping out of the house and slamming the door closed. "Thjar, I thought I told you to get away from sorcerers" You hissed in between your teeth, watching as Stephen's hooded enemy shrank slightly in fear, running off without saying anything else at the pure sight of your magic bolt.

Stephen silently sighed in relief, turning his head to look at you with surprise. So it was true that sorcerers camouflaged in the daily lives of people. You glared at the spot where Thjar was, your gaze moving towards Stephen as you crouched down besides him.

You inspected his arm for a moment, finding it twisted at a strange angle. You reached your hands towards it, watching as he retreated back a bit from you. "May I fix your arm? It seems dislocated." You spoke calmly, watching as his tense figure relaxed visibly.

He nodded, letting you proceed as he watched your movements. They seemed... familiar. He thought you looked slightly familiar, but he couldn't place a finger into what it was.

Meanwhile, your hands were set at specific spots on his arm. You looked at him with an apologetic look. "This might hurt a lot for a moment" You spoke hesitantly, watching as he nodded and tensed for a moment, as if preparing for what was coming.

You suddenly made a quick movement, a loud crunch coming from his arm as you fixed his arm back in place. His body jerked forward as he hissed in pain, his eyes remaining closed for a minute or two before he opened them once again, his gray eyes gazing into yours.

That is when it hit him. He clearly remembered now! He suddenly sat up, leaning close to your face as he made sure it was you. "(Y/N)? Is that really you?" He asked with a smooth voice, chills running down your spine as memories hit you like a ton of bricks.

Your mouth dropped open as you realized too who he was. Stephen Strange, your childhood friend and your date on prom. You could clearly remember him now. You both dated for a while before you had to go.

"Stephen, oh my god I didn't recognize you at all!" You exclaimed happily, looking at him up and down with amazement. He had definitely changed a lot after all those years. You stood up, helping him up with his good arm as you ushered him inside your humble apartment.

You closed the door, turning around to look at him as you led him to your living room, letting him sit down wherever he wanted to. "(Y/N)... you have changed a lot." He started speaking, seeming to not be able to stop looking at you. "Look at you, you have grown well" He spoke with a genuine smile.

You smiled, setting a steaming cup of tea in front of him and sitting down besides him. "You have changed a lot as well Stephen. Did you become a docotor? Like you used to dream?" You asked him curiously.

He nodded, taking a sip of it and setting it down on the coffee table in front of him. "I did become a doctor. Graduated at ninteen and now I work at a hospital" He spoke proudly. You smiled and patted his shoulder slightly. "That is good to hear Stephen, I am happy for you." You spoke genuinely.

He smiled, suddenly seeming to remember something. "Wait a minute, I saw you outside with a magic bolt! You learned sorcery?" He asked curiously. You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly, nodding as you set down your own cup. "That is why I suddenly left Stephen. That night, when I never answered your calls... I was at the hospital" You mumbled the last part.

His eyes widened as he stared at you for a moment, speaking up after a minute. "You lost something didn't you?" He asked softly, making you nod as you turned away from him. "I... lost my hearing. While I was at a café, it suddenly happened. There was an explosion and the next thing I knew... I was at the hospital, not being able to hear. I left because I thought you wouldn't want to be with me anymore... I was stupid for just leaving like that." You explained calmly, gazing at your lap in embarrassment.

You felt a tap on your shoulder, making you turn around to be enveloped in a hug by him. You immediately hugged back, wrapping your arms around his torso and burrying your head in his chest as you just started crying in his arms.

Stephen remained silent, rubbing your back soothingly as he held you close to him, he was planning on not letting you go. "I'm sorry Stephen" You spoke, your voice muffled by your burried face. He pulled back for a moment, setting a finger on your chin with slight difficulty  and slowly making you look up at him. "You don't have to be sorry (Y/N)... after all... I still do love you" And before you could react, he leaned in, connecting his lips with yours as he closed his eyes.

You were surprised for a moment, but soon melted into the kiss, moving your arms to around his neck. Your heart beat a hunderd miles per hour, the closeness you both had in that moment was longing. You both had been far away for too long.

As you pulled away from the kiss, he cupped your face in his hands, his thumbs moving with a slight tremble and with somewhat mechanical movements, rubbing away the tears on your eyes.

You both didn't speak anything afterwards, you just stayed in his strong arms, making you feel so safe and loved. You now felt complete, and you knew the both of you wouldn't be away much after that.

You smiled, leaning your head down on his chest as you heard his constant heartbeat, yours as strong as his.

You missed hugging your lover.