Chapter 5

Happy New Year!  A little update for 2014 for all you BOTFB fans(: 

Songs for this chapter; 

The Janoskians; Best Friends

Lucy Spraggan; Someone

One Direction; Don't Forget Where You Belong

...

Perrie was lying on her bed sleeping so I decided not to wake her up, I jumped in a quick shower then blow dried my hair and did my usual messy waves. I pulled on a green and blue knitted sweater, acid wash shorts and my black Nike blazers. 

I grabbed my bag and my phone then left to find a pizza place. I was just waiting for the bus when someone pulled up in a black range rover. They rolled down the window to reveal Niall. "Elana?" Oh great, first the bus is late and now this.

"what?"

"I'm sorry for earlier, It was a mistake." ouch,  I don't like him but It still hurts to hear that. No matter who from.

"yeah I know, I'm a mistake."

"No, lana I didn't mean it like that. Why are you standing here alone?" 

"I'm going out"

"Who with?"

"Does It matter? I'm going out." He was infuriating. 

"Want a ride?"

"wh-what?"

"I uh mean, you want me to drive you?" I really shouldn't.. 

"sure." I climbed into the range rover and sat down in the front seat. He turned the radio on and 'A thousand years' by Christina Perri came on. I started singing along to the song quiet enough that he couldn't hear me. 

"Where you off to?" 

"Just anywhere that sells food, I'm starving." This made him laugh, though I haven't a clue why. "What?"

"You're a special one. Most girls would only eat a salad and wouldn't dare mention that they were starving in front of a boy" 

"but I'm not like most girls."

"You most certainly are not." he mumbled under his breath, but I still heard him. 

I don't know why but I felt this strange attachment to Niall, I hated him but every time I saw him I didn't want it to end. That kiss was like alcohol to a flame. There was something about him that intrigued me, he obviously noticed me staring because he laughed."What you staring at?" He chuckled.

"Uh, want to join me for pizza? If you want you don't have to." This isn't how it's supposed to happen, It's supposed to be the boy that asks the girl. 

"Sure." He smiled at me showing his perfectly straight teeth, his blonde hair was pulled into a quiff and he was wearing a Montreal ice hockey jersey with black jeans. The bruise on his cheek has faded a little but not much.

We pulled up into the parking lot of Spinato's pizza. The waiter seated us at a nice table by the window.

"I know you hate me Elana so why did you invite me?" His question caught me off guard. 

"N-Niall, I hardly know you. I can't judge you."

"You know what I've done, so why risk hurting yourself?"

"Because, If you don't take risks then what a boring place this would be." 

"You know what I like about you? You're different from everyone else, you don't throw yourself at me. You speak your mind and you don't care what people think."

"I don't see why girls should care what people think because so many years from now that person who once called you ugly will no longer matter and you will finally be happy."

"what makes you so sure?"

"Everyone is happy, It's just harder for some people to find it. So many people are caught on pleasing others that they forget to please themselves." The waiter walked over with a note pad and pen, stopping our conversation, 

"Hello what can I get for you today?"

"Can we get a large Hawaiian pizza please and two medium cokes." She wrote it down on her note pad and walked away. 

"Why are you in Arizona and not Ireland? Arizona hasn't got much to offer."

"to get away from my past, I guess you could say it was haunting me." 

"How so?" The waiter came over with our drinks and I started sipping away at it. 

"I can't say." As much as I wanted to know, I respected his decision. I nodded my head and took another drink.

*

We were sitting in the car stuck in traffic. I checked the time and saw it was 22:47. At least I didn't have training tomorrow. I felt my eyes get heavy, I leaned my head against the window and went out like a light. 

I was woken by Niall tapping my arm, "Elana, we're at your dorm." I lifted my head from the window and checked the time '00:20'

"Oh, thank you for today, I enjoyed it." 

"Oh yeah um Elana? Can I get your number?" I hesitated for a second but thought what harm could It do? 

"Yeah sure." I handed him my phone which he put his number into, "Night Niall."

"Night love." I felt my heart flutter at his words but brushed it off. I was tired and slightly hormonal, my period was due any day now. 

I walked back to my dorm only to find out I had left my key in the room and It was locked. "Shit." I knocked on the door as loud as I could but to no avail. I decided to phone Todd, even though he would question why I was out so late.

"Um Todd?"

Once again I would like to say thank you for reading this, I just read over my 'Is It Worth It?' and It's hilariously bad. I will probably delete it soon. It was rubbish because I didn't plan it out and with this one I did so I hope It paid off. Happy New Year and I hope you keep reading!

Elana's outfit on the side :)

qotd; New Years resolutions? 

Mines is to try and stop caring what people think about me, my biggest insecurity is my skin and I can't go out without makeup but I'm just trying my best not to care but I just don't think I'm that kind of person. Ugh. Anyway, 800 reads guys! That's insane!

I also want to say If anyone is having a hard time, getting bullied, if you relapsed, just started to self-harm, depression or maybe even just feeling alone and wanting to chat then don’t hesitate to message me or ask for my kik and I’ll give you it. Whatever gets said to me won’t leave the chat, I promise. I’m not professional help and I know I probably won’t make a difference but I’m still here If you need some courage or some self-belief because most of the time that’s what you need, a little inspiration to believe in yourself, that’s what a new year is for right?

Remember, you don’t have to be skinny, flawless skin, athletic, popular or anything to be beautiful. You are what you are for a reason, you just haven’t found it yet.

Stay strong angels☼