Chapter 21

((Sorry for not updating much lately, I'm having a hard time at school:((, someone is making up rumours about me and to be honest it isn't great, It's pathetic and childish and what makes matters worse was that it was one of my friends that made it up/ spread it around my school.I apologize but I'm updating now to keep my mind off things,enjoy))

follow my instagram { twerkwithziall }

songs; 

Fall out boy; Light em up

Goo Goo Dolls; Iris

Christina Perri; Human 

SoMo; Ride

...

* Niall's point of view *

I looked at the notebook, my messy handwriting covering the white paper and scribbles dominating the page. The room was a mess with crumpled and torn bits of paper dotting all over the floor. Three hours, two cans of energy drink and a blistered hand later I was finally finished the letter of my mistakes and regrets. If Elana still wanted to be with me afterwards I would be surprised, pleasantly surprised of course. I was reading over the page when the door burst open and in came Eric, pissed and high as usual. 

"Niall, have a smoke you look stressed." He chucked me a packet of cigarettes, I popped open the packet and placed one in my mouth, lighting the end and inhaling the musky scent.

"What ya writing there?" He grabbed the notebook from my hand, trying to read it. I grabbed it back, pushing him, resulting on him falling on his arse. He just chuckled and grabbed the packet of cigarettes from the bed, stumbling back down the stairs.

I could hear voices coming from downstairs, one I recognized as Luke and the other I could not decipher. I shoved the black notebook into my pocket and made my way downstairs where Zayn, Harry, Eric, Luke, Calum, Ben and Derek were crowding round the same small table I was only a few short hours ago. 

"Horan, long time no see." I chuckled when I saw Calum, my old partner in crime. "I was beginning to think they took you too." He smirked, sliding a cold bottle of beer towards me, I sat down next to Harry and Calum. 

"Hurry up and sit down Horan, we have business to do." Derek pushed, sitting the papers from our earnings in what looked like the last year. "We're losing men. Which means losing business. Which means losing money. Do you see the problem?"

"What do you mean losing men?" Ben asked, which seemed to annoy Derek, pretty much anything Ben did annoyed Derek. 

"Do I have to fucking explain? They're killing them, we need people. I don't care who, girls included."

Luke chuckled, putting a cigarette between his lips, "I found a girl. She seems to fit the job quite nice, says 'fuck it' a lot. That's what we need isn't it?" He laughed again, lighting the end of the fag. "Her names Elana, Elana Wothers." Luke smoked more than a fucking chimney.

"Fuck no, no way."  I stood up from my seat and slammed my hand down on the desk. No way is Elana getting caught up in this shit excuse for a job. 

Harry and Zayn started chuckling before Harry spoke up, "Elana is Niall's girl, her brother is Todd Wothers, not a good combination if you ask me."

Everyone started laughing, except for Derek, he was serious about this, the only thing he cared about more than money was his daughter, and since he got into this whole business because of her he won't stop until she has the life he desires for her to have. "This isn't a fucking joke, we need men. Calum who're those people I saw you with at the club last week?"

"Ashton and Michael? I guess they would fit the job, strong, reliable and if you ask me, a shitty past. That's why we're here isn't it." Derek nodded and handed a couple papers to Calum before standing up and leaving the house, no more words spoken.