It's You Again

~Summer 1982~

I'm Cassia. I'm 22 years old and I'm an aspiring dancer/bartender at a local club here in Minneapolis. It's not really my ideal job but hey it pays the bills. I live in a decent apartment with one of my best friends Rayne who I have grown up with. I recently moved back from California to start over and to see some of my old friends, especially one in particular. I knew he was a famous singer but after I moved to California, we lost touch after a few months of phone calls and letters. I couldn't get back in contact with him but I hope that we run into each other.

"Cassia you don't have to work tonight do you?" Rayne asked me as she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"No not until tomorrow why?" I ask taking a drink of water.

"I got 2 tickets to the Prince concert tonight so we're going!" Rayne said waving a pair of tickets in my face.

"Well it would be nice to see him again. I can't wait." I said getting up to put my glass in the sink. We had a few hours before the show so we went out to get our hair/nails done then came back to get dressed. I ended up wearing a black lace crop top with matching skirt, a pair of black booties, and my leather jacket and my dark brown hair was done in loose curls. Rayne is a makeup artist so she insisted on doing my makeup. She ended up doing smoky eyes and red lips on me.

"Cassia you look hot. Prince is going to be shocked when he sees you." She said looking at me up and down.

"You mean IF he sees me. There's going to be so many people there and even if there wasn't, I doubt he would remember me." I said grabbing my leather jacket.

We piled in Rayne's car and made our way towards the venue where the concert was being held. We got there early so we were able to make our way towards the front. 15 minutes later, the house lights dimmed and the opening notes of Dirty Mind started. When the spotlight came on, there he was. He looked amazing since the last time I saw him. The first song went off without a hitch and then they started playing one of my favorite songs Let's Work.

"I LOVE THIS FUCKING SONG!" I yelled to Rayne as I got lost in the music and started dancing.

As I was dancing I felt eyes on me. I decided to not pay much attention and just kept on swaying my hips to the music as if I was a stripper in a past life. I snapped out of it when Rayne tapped me on the shoulder to tell me something.

"Girl Prince is looking at you pay attention!" she said tapping me on the shoulder.

I stopped dancing and looked in the eyes of the one person that I haven't seen in years. I flashed a smile and mouthed "Hello Skipper" and continued to dance to the raunchy lyrics that was in the second verse. Looks like my wish was about to come true.