Without You

~Paris, France~

I have been in Paris for three days and I'm having a great time. The dance performance is at the end of the week then I fly home Sunday. As much as I missed home, I missed Prince the most. I wish I could have told him that I was leaving when he called me but I didn't and now our relationship was over. I took all of my sadness and anger and put it in my movement. Here I am in the city of love and I just broke up with my boyfriend. Needless to say I was miserable.

After dance rehearsal, my friends and I decided to go out to dinner and spend some time together outside of rehearsal. I quickly got dressed and headed towards the lobby of the gorgeous hotel that I was staying in to meet my friends. We exchanged hugs and walked towards this cute little bistro that was a few blocks away.

"So Cassia how's everything going with you?" Jade asked.

"Not very good. Prince and I broke up before I came here." I answered.

"Wait why did you break up?" Sammi asked.

"I waited til the last minute to tell him that I was coming here and he didn't want me to go. We yelled and I told him that he could either support me or the relationship was over. He took one look at me then left." I explained.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. He should have supported you coming here just like you supported him." Tiana said.

"Yeah but what's done is done. Can we change the topic please?" I suggested.

The girls agreed and we talked about the production and visiting the Eiffel tower the following day. When I got back to my room, I passed out on my bed. I have always imagined coming here with Prince but I messed up. As soon as I get back home, I have to figure out how to make things right between the two of us. The following day we had a few hours to kill before we had rehearsal so we decided to visit the Eiffel tower then go out to lunch and do a little bit of shopping. Rehearsal that night was a bit long due to the performance quickly coming up. My muscles ached and all I wanted to do was go back to my room and take a nice long bath.

A few days later it was the day of the performance. All of the times that I was working so hard to be the best dancer I could be had led up to this moment. I was so excited to show off my dancing skills, but at the same time I was nervous. I didn't want to mess things up. I took a deep breath and walked out onstage and gave the performance my all. We ended up getting a standing ovation and it felt so good getting that type of response from people. I was glad that this trip was finally over and I can't wait to get home. I had an early morning flight so as soon as I got back to my room, I packed my stuff and went to bed.

~A few days later~

I had been home for a few days and still no phone call from Prince. I missed his voice and being around him but we needed to give each other space. Between class and work, I moped around the apartment and didn't do much. By the third day of me moping around, Rayne couldn't take it anymore.

"Cassia this has gone on long enough. Get your ass up and get dressed. There's a party tonight at Janet's and we are going." Rayne stated.

"You can go. I'm going to stay home." I said.

"No you are going too. Now hop in the shower and get dressed. Be sure you look sexy though so you can find a new man!" She smiled.

"But I don't want a new man. I want Prince." I whined.

"Girl you never had a real man. He's just a whiny little boy. I bet he wears underroos still." Rayne giggled.

"Rayne you're a idiot." I laughed.

I peeled myself off of the couch and showered then went to my bedroom and picked out an outfit. If I was going to go to a party, I might as well look cute.

I did my makeup and put my hair up in a bun

I did my makeup and put my hair up in a bun. I spritzed on some perfume and gave myself a quick look over before I went to meet Rayne in the living room. We hopped in Rayne's car and drove off to the party.

A few minutes later we arrived at Janet's house and the party was in full swing. I followed Rayne inside and took a look around. There were a lot of familiar faces here so I was in good company. I went to grab a drink to make myself more at ease because I really didn't want to be there. As I turned around, I saw Rayne was talking to somebody. When I saw who it was, I froze. It was Prince. I tried to figure out a way to sneak past them without getting noticed. I quickly downed my drink and tried to maneuver my way towards the front door. I was close to freedom when I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Cass there you are! I was looking for you! Look who I found!" Rayne exclaimed.

"Oh hello Prince." I greeted him coldly.

"Hey Cassia you're back. You look nice." Prince said.

"Thank you now if you will excuse me, I need fresh air." I said walking towards the door.

"Come on Cassia don't act like that. He's being nice right now." Rayne said.

"Oh now he wants to be nice after breaking up with me." I snapped.

"I didn't break up with you! You broke up with me!" He growled.

"Bullshit Prince. You walked out on me when I told you to either support me or the relationship was done." I hissed.

Prince took one look at me before grabbing my arm and leading me towards the stairs.

"Prince where the hell are we going?" I asked him.

"Upstairs. We need to talk in private." He replied as he led me up the stairs and towards the bathroom.

This conversation can go really good or really bad.