My Big Decision

I got home and changed into more comfortable clothes and went to the kitchen and fixed me a glass of cranberry juice and vodka. After the day I had, I needed this drink. I put on some music and sat down on the couch and thought about what I was going to do much less how I'm going to tell everyone. Rayne wasn't coming home until tomorrow and Prince was busy so I decided to pick up the phone and call my mom.

"Hello Stephens residence." My mom answered.

"Hi mom it's me. I really need to talk to you." I sighed.

"What's going on Cassia?"

"Today after dance class I found out that I was selected as one of the people to fly to Paris to be a part of a dance production for a week."

"That's great! So what's the problem?"

"I leave the same week Prince comes home."

"Cass this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You have to take it but you have to tell Prince. If you don't, it won't look good for your relationship."

"You're right. I think I will tell Ella that I will go when I go to class on Thursday but I have to tell him."

"You better. I got to go fix dinner but I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and figured out how I was going to tell Prince that I was leaving for a week. This might be one of the hardest things I have ever done.

The next day Rayne came home from her trip in New York and told me everything that she and Micah did. She knew something was up when I wasn't acting like my normal happy self.

"Cassia what's wrong?" She asked.

"Well I got selected to fly to Paris for a week to be a part of a dance production. I have to leave the same week that Prince comes home."

"You need to tell him that you're leaving. I don't want you guys to break up over something like this."

"I know. I decided to go but I have to figure out how I'm going to tell him."

"Well you know you have my support and I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Rayne."

We gave each other a hug and decided to get out of the house and spent the day shopping then went to get some lunch. When we came back, I took a nap then got ready for work. I gave Devon a heads up about me leaving in two weeks and that I will be back in a week and he was cool with it. I just hope Prince was.

Thursday came and I told Ella that I would fly out to Paris for the week. I worked really hard to become a successful dancer but at the same time, I was worried about my relationship and if it would work out after this. My mom was right, I would never get another opportunity like this again so I have to take it now. Two weeks later it was time for Prince to come home and I was leaving the following day. I was in my room packing and making sure that I had everything that I needed when Rayne knocked on my door.

"Cass someone is here to see you." She said.

"Oh well send them in here." I said putting a folded shirt in my suitcase.

Rayne exited my room and told whoever was here to see me to go to my room. When I heard my door open then close, I looked up and was met with a pair of eyes that I haven't seen since my birthday last month.

"Going somewhere?" Prince asked.

"PRINCE!" I stopped what I was doing and hugged him tightly. I missed him so much.

"Somebody missed me." He chuckled.

"I missed you so much and I'm glad that you're home."

"I'm happy to be home and I missed you too. Now why are you packing Cass?"

Well it was now or never. I could kick myself for waiting at the last minute to tell him but he needed to know.

"Well I got picked to fly to Paris for a week to be a part of a dance production." I replied.

"Congrats babe when are you leaving? Next week?"

"Actually I leave tomorrow morning."

He looked at me for a second and didn't say anything. I looked up at him but he had a stoic look on his face.

I was scared that he would hit me or something but he didn't. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"Tomorrow morning huh? So you were just going to leave without telling me?" He asked.

"No I was going to tell you but I didn't know how to tell you." I replied.

"Well when did you find out?"

"Two weeks ago."

"Why didn't you tell me when I called you two weeks ago?"

"I was scared ok Prince?! I love you and I was afraid that you wouldn't let me go."

"Well I don't want you to go."

I stopped packing and looked at Prince as if he had two heads. I was shocked that he said that he didn't want me to go after he supported my dance career for as long as I have been dancing.

"Well I already said yes so I'm going whether you like it or not." I said zipping up my suitcase.

"Sounds like you are choosing your career over our relationship." Prince huffed.

"Oh like you did Nelson?!" I hissed.

"THAT'S BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT! I POSPONED A SHOW JUST SO I COULD BE WITH YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! I SENT YOU ROSES AND A BEAR FOR VALENTINE'S DAY!" He said raising his voice.

"WELL I'M GOING TO PARIS SO SUPPORT ME OR YOU CAN KISS THIS RELATIONSHIP GOODBYE!" I yelled.

Prince took one look at me then left my room. I guess I had his answer. Our relationship was now over.

THE END IS ALMOST NEAR! Only 10 more chapters left in this book so what I would like to know is would you guys like a sequel? It would take place in the 90s so let me know if I should write a sequel and please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me! XOXO, Kristan