Party At Aunt Stella's

Author's Note:Play the video when you get to the countdown to get the mood of that part of the story!

~New Year's Eve~

I really didn't want to be at this New Year's party at my Aunt Stella's house, but here I was with Rayne and my mom. Lacey was at home with my grandmother and I bet they were having more fun than I was. The only positive things I can say about this party was there was plenty of booze and I looked good in the dress I picked out for this soirée.

 The only positive things I can say about this party was there was plenty of booze and I looked good in the dress I picked out for this soirée

I was in the kitchen on my second glass of champagne when Rayne came in looking for me.

"There you are Miss Sourpuss! I was wondering where your ass was." She giggled.

"Rayne please not now. I'm not in the mood." I sighed polishing off the rest of my glass.

"Cass look I know you miss Prince but you have to loosen up. You look gorgeous tonight and besides you will talk to him soon."

"You're right. I will call him when its midnight but I will try to have a good time."

"Good. Now let's get you drunk."

By 11pm I was on my 6th glass of champagne and Rayne and I were in the living room with my aunt Stella and my cousins who are a year older/younger than me just talking and telling stories.

"So you still work at that bar Pure Seduction or whatever it's called?" Ariel, my older cousin asked.

"Yep. I was actually promoted not too long ago." I replied.

"I'm so happy for you! How's the love life?" My aunt asked.

"It's going good. Prince actually leaves for tour in a few days and won't be back til the first week of March." I replied.

"Well I'm glad things are working out for you and I hope you guys are together for a long time. Besides you can get me into Prince concerts for free." My cousin Paris said.

"Girl that's not going to happen." I chuckled.

At 11:59 everyone gathered in the living room with glasses of their drink of choice in hand to count down into the New Year.

10!

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Everyone was cheering, clinking glasses and wishing each other a happy new year. I took my glass of champagne and snuck away to use the phone to call Prince. I hope he didn't mind that I was a bit tipsy.

"Hello?"

"Hey Baby happy New Year!" I said taking a sip of my drink.

"Happy New Year. Cass how much have you had to drink?" Prince asked.

"I'm only on my 7th glass no big deal." I answered.

"Well no more ok? Promise me you won't drink anymore for the rest of the night."

"Yes daddy." I said rolling my eyes.

"Mmm I love it when you call me daddy."

"Don't you dare. I'll let you go. Get some rest and I love you."

"Love you too."

After I hung up the phone, I polished off my champagne and made my way back to the party which ended an hour later. When I got back home, I slipped on my pjs and fell asleep. The next day I woke up with a tiny hangover but when I saw Rayne in the hallway, she looked as if she got hit by a train.

"Ugh Cass remind me not to drink tequila ever again." She groaned.

"Will do. You look like shit." I laughed.

Rayne flipped me off then we headed downstairs to join my mom and Lacey for breakfast. My mom made eggs, bacon and French toast, my favorite. After breakfast we spent the day relaxing and watching movies. It was a nice day after last night, Rayne and I needed to nurse our hangovers.

Sorry this chapter was so short and late! I really wasn't feeling like myself but I hope you guys liked it and chapter 13 will be longer I promise! XOXO, Kristan