A Little Thing Called Life

It was another lovely day as the sun crept through my crimson curtains waking me up. I let out a small yawn as I started to break free from the arm that was around my waist. I was stopped by its owner and I could feel a smile being formed against the back of my neck.

"Where are you going sleeping beauty?" Prince grumbled.

"I need food and caffeine. You wore me out last night." I replied facing him.

"And you enjoyed it." He smirked.

"Shut up Nelson and let me get up." I said side eyeing him.

He took his arm from around my waist and I was able to get out of bed not before he smacked my ass. I gave him a smirk and exited the room and made my way towards the kitchen to get breakfast started. I had the radio on and was humming along to the Al Green song that was playing as I made my famous cinnamon sugar waffles and toast. A few moments later Prince joined me and sat at the table watching me cook.

"Is breakfast almost ready?" He asked.

"Yeah just about. Can you go wake up Rayne for me?" I asked setting the last waffle on the plate.

"Sure thing." Prince replied kissing my cheek before heading to Rayne's room.

He came back a few moments later and Rayne was not behind him. The smell of food usually wakes her up so it was odd that she wasn't awake.

"Babe I thought I asked you to go wake Rayne up." I said frowning at him.

"I tried but it's like she's in a damn coma. I have an idea though." He said as he grabbed a pitcher and headed for the sink.

"Prince...what are you doing?" I asked looking at him.

"Waking up Rayne of course." He smiled as he took the pitcher full of cold water and headed towards Rayne's room.

I sat down at the table and sipped on my coffee as I heard Rayne scream a few seconds later and saw Prince run towards the kitchen cracking up.

"PRINCE ROGERS NELSON I'M GOING TO FUCKING MURDER YOU!" I hear Rayne shout as she stomped towards the kitchen.

"Well you were in a coma. I had to wake you up somehow." Prince laughed.

I laughed myself as I looked at my best friend who was drenched. She looked like a kitten that was left out in the rain.

"Go get changed and hurry up. Food's getting cold." I giggled.

Rayne gave Prince the evil eye and went to go get changed. She came back and joined Prince and I at the table. Breakfast was quiet for the most part, but there was idle chit chat here and there.

"So what's the plans for today?" Rayne asked.

"As much as I would love to stay home, I have to work tonight." I replied stuffing a piece of toast in my mouth.

"And I have rehearsal. Tour is starting up soon so have to be prepared." Prince said.

"How long would you be gone?" I asked swallowing my last gulp of coffee.

"A few months. I really don't want to leave you but it's something I have to do."

"I understand." I smiled at him.

After breakfast was done, Rayne helped me clean up and Prince left to go to rehearsal. Prince telling me that he was going on tour did bother me a little bit. It's not that I don't trust him because I do, it's some fans that I don't trust. You have girls left and right throwing themselves at him expecting to get a chance to give him head or fuck him and as much as I know that he would never step out on me, I couldn't help but worry a bit.