Wedding Day and Heartbreak

~Janet's Wedding~

Today was Janet's wedding and things were going great. Sort of. My favorite necklace broke so I had to run out and buy a new one. Then Rayne woke up ten minutes late so now we are rushing to get to the wedding venue so we could get dressed and help Janet get ready. I called Prince to remind him that the wedding started at 2:30 and that he better be there on time.

"RAYNE I'M READY TO GO! HURRY UP!" I yelled.

"Ok ok shit I'm right here so we can go." She snapped.

We grabbed our dresses and accessories and made our way towards the venue. Hopefully the rest of the day goes well.

When we arrived at the venue, it seems like everything was going off without a hitch. We headed towards to the room where Janet and the other bridesmaids were getting ready.

"Hey everyone we made it!" I greeted everyone.

"Oh I'm glad you guys are here. Cass I need you to stitch up this tear in my dress and Rayne I need you to do my hair please." Janet requested.

"Of course just calm down. Everything will be fine." Rayne hugged her.

We quickly did what Janet asked us then we did our hair and makeup then slipped on our dresses.

After that we helped Janet slip on her dress then waited to be called to walk down the aisle. A few moments later, the wedding coordinator came and got us.

"Ok bridesmaids time to walk out. Please try not to fall down the aisle." She said.

One by one we each walked down the aisle and I was trying my hardest not to trip over my dress and fall. When I got to my spot, I looked up and there was Prince sitting next to Micah and he looked handsome. We exchanged smiles and waited for Janet to walk down the aisle next. Janet came out a short time later and she looked gorgeous. Evan looked handsome and I was so happy for them. The ceremony went well and it was time to party. We made our way towards to the reception area which looked gorgeous and sat at our assigned spots. After the speeches and having dinner, it was time to dance.

"C'mon Rayne let's dance!" I said grabbing her hand. I was three drinks in and all I wanted to do was dance.

Rayne just giggled at my actions and followed me to the dancefloor. As we twirled around, I looked over and there was Prince eyeing me from across the room. I waved him over to come dance with me. Rayne left to go find Micah so they could spend some time together.

"Hey handsome I was looking for you. Come dance with me." I smiled.

As the opening notes of Let's Get It On started to play, Prince pulled me close to his body and we swayed along to the music.

"You look so pretty tonight Cass." He said.

"Thank you my handsome man." I smiled giving him a kiss.

We danced to a few songs then went to go find Rayne and Micah. We couldn't find them anywhere so we headed outside and there was Rayne. She was sitting on a bench and it looked like she had been crying. Rayne has never been one to cry at weddings or anything like that so I had a feeling that it had something to do with Micah.

"Rayne what's wrong? Where's Micah?" I asked.

"He left. We broke up. He told me that he didn't love me anymore and he's moving back to New York." She cried.

"If I can say something, Micah is an idiot for breaking up with you. You are such a sweet and kind person and any guy would be lucky to have you. You deserve better Rayne." Prince said.

"Thank you Prince. That's sweet of you to say that."

Prince and I gave Rayne a hug and the three of us made our way back towards the party. I felt so bad for Rayne and what happened to her, but I knew that she was going to find the right guy for her one day.

The wedding ended around 1am and I felt like my feet were going to fall off because I was dancing so much. Plus wearing heels for over three hours didn't make things better. As soon as Rayne and I walked into the apartment, I took off my heels and made my way towards my bedroom. I showered and washed off of my makeup and settled into bed. It was a long day and I needed my rest. Tomorrow I had work and I needed the energy. The following day I wanted to make Rayne feel a bit better so I went out to the store and got some of her favorite things to make her a breakup care package. I got her a card and a stuffed animal and headed home. I took the items inside and put it together and took the package and headed towards Rayne's room.

"Rayne I have something for you." I said knocking on the door.

Rayne opened the door and let me in. She looked like a mess and I felt so bad for her.

"What do you have in your hands?" She asked eyeing the package that I was holding.

"I know you are having a hard time with this breakup situation so I decided to make you a breakup care package full of your favorite things. Open it up!" I smiled.

Rayne took the package from my hands and opened it. In the package I put a bottle of her favorite wine, a couple bags of Sour Patch Kids, popcorn, her favorite chocolate bars and some chocolate chip cookies.

"Thank you Cassia. This is the sweetest thing you have ever done for me. I really do appreciate it." Rayne thanked me.

"Oh you are very welcome. I hate seeing my best friend so upset so I thought that this would cheer you up a bit."

Rayne walked over and gave me a hug and I could see that my small gesture made her feel a bit better. I walked out of her room and went back to my room to relax and take a nap before I went to work.