A Christmas Surprise

Two weeks later Rayne, Prince and I headed out to California to spend Christmas with my family. Lacey didn't know that Prince was coming with us and I made my mom promise me not to tell Lacey as I wanted to surprise her. When we arrived at LAX a few hours later, my mom and my aunt Diana were there to greet us.

"Hi mom! Hi Aunt Diana!" I greeted them.

"Hi Cassia! Look at my niece all grown up." Diana beamed.

"I'm so glad to have you home for a bit. Hi Rayne. Hello Prince." My mom said hugging us.

After exchanging pleasantries, we grabbed our luggage and headed back to my mom's house. It was decided that Prince and I would stay in my old room while Rayne would take the guest room. It was a nice sunny day in Anaheim and I definitely appreciated the warm weather. After we got settled in and our presents were under the tree, we sat in the living room and caught up with each other.

"So how's the new apartment treating you two?" My mom asked.

"Great actually. Better than that shoebox that we lived in before." Rayne giggled.

"You know Diana, Cass and Skipper are dating now." Mom stated.

"MOM!" I exclaimed blushing.

"What?! You guys make a cute couple."

A few hours later it was time to pick up Lacey from school. I offered to go get her so I could surprise her and tell her about the special present that I had for her back at the house. I pulled up to the school and stepped outside and waited for her. A short time later Lacey walked towards the front of the school. I gave her a small wave and she ran towards me.

"CASSIA!" She yelled hugging me.

"Hey Lacey how was school?"

"It was fine. I missed you though." Lacey said getting teary eyed.

"Aw I missed you too. Hey I have a surprise for you at home! I think you are really going to love it."

Lacey smiled huge and quickly hopped in the car. On the ride home she told me how she can count up to 20 now and how excited she was about the presents Santa got her this year. After we got home, I told Lacey to close her eyes and not to peek. I whispered to Prince to stand in the middle of the living room and I led Lacey to the middle of the living room.

"Ok Lacey you can open your eyes." I whispered in her ear.

"PRINCE! YOU'RE HERE!" Lacey yelled running to hug him.

"Hey angel you're all grown up!" Prince smiled.

"Yep! I'm a big girl now. I can count to 20 and can tie my shoes." She beamed.

Later on that night, after dinner, it was bedtime for everyone. I hugged my mom and Rayne goodnight before heading towards Lacey's room to tell her goodnight. When I opened the door, my eyes met the cutest sight. Lacey was sitting in Prince's lap holding her teddy bear and he was reading her a bedtime story. When he finished the story, Lacey fell asleep. He gently put her in her bed and tucked her in. He kissed the top of her forehead and exited her room and I closed the door quietly behind us. When we got into my room, Prince closed the door as I crawled into bed.

"You know you really made Lacey's day. She adores you." I smiled.

"She's a good kid. Very smart." Prince said laying down next to me.

"She is. It was cute seeing you reading her a story."

"Well she wanted me to read Cinderella to her so I did."

"You certainly have a way with kids."

"I really do want to be a father one day. I just hope I'm a good one." Prince sighed.

"Well you would make an amazing father."

"You think so?"

"I know so babe."

I placed myself in Prince's open arms and faced him. We kissed each other goodnight and fell asleep.

A few days later it was finally Christmas. We spent the morning at my aunt and uncle's house and my cousins who were excited that I was dating Prince. We came back home and opened presents. I ended up getting a pair of new boots from my mom and Lacey, A cute dress from Rayne and a diamond necklace and earrings from Prince. It was a pretty great Christmas but I knew tomorrow, Prince would be leaving to go back home to get ready to leave for tour. When we told Lacey the news, she was heartbroken. Prince promised her that he would be home soon and that he would come back with us the next time we were in California.

The next day I woke up early so I could take Prince to the airport. I was happy that we got to spend some time together but I was going to miss him a lot. A few minutes later we arrived at LAX. I kept myself together until we got to the gate. That's when the tears started to flow.

"I wish you didn't have to go." I sighed.

"I know but I have to do this. It's not like I will be gone forever. I will be back in your arms before you know it." Prince said.

"Flight 319 to Minneapolis now boarding." The flight attendant announced.

Prince and I looked at each other before giving each other a hug and a passionate kiss. We glanced at each other one more time before he went through the gate and boarded the plane. As I drove back home in tears, I realized that Prince was right. He wouldn't be gone forever and we would talk whenever we were able to. The rest of the day, I spent time with Rayne and Lacey at the park. It was a nice distraction from the fact that Prince was gone, but I couldn't help but miss him already and I wanted him to come home soon.