Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Five (part B)

And this chapter is dedicated to @tejada0611 !!!
Thank you for your sweet comments and for reading. Hope you like this new chapter! Vote/comment/fan.
I'll be posting up a new chapter of The King's Alpha Queen soon for those who like that story!
And also, I have two new stories, Vetala and Blood Hysteria. If you could pretty please check those out and let me know what ya think^^.

***********************

Doctor Gus handed me the baby covered in blood, placing it on my chest as it cried. It looked so tiny and delicate...she wrapped her fingers around mine, her tears becoming silent as it grasped my hand.

I cleaned her face, holding her in between my arms in fear she might fall off to a side.

"My lady," Doctor Gus said as he came closer to my side, "I need to monitor the child. She was born prematurely and you were with infection," he said as he began taking her from me without waiting for me to protest.

He gently lifted her head, placing it on the crook of his arms. He smiled at first, but then, frowned as the door behind him opened.

"He kept it well hidden," Charlie said as he placed his hands behind his back and walked closer to where the doctor stood.

My body automatically stiffened, watching him with fear as he narrowed his eyes as he looked at her. I slowly sat up, watching him as he continued looking down at her.

Seeing the tension, Doctor Gus bowed his head and turned, heading to the door with child in his arms.

"Wait, where are you taking her?" I snapped as Doctor Gus continued out.

"Don't worry, he'll take good care of her. After all, she's my niece," Charlie answered.

He smiled with a dead look in his eyes as if they were nothing but black holes. He looked different-no, he looked strange and definitely not the Charlie I knew.

"I'm guessing you were told about...us...about me," Charlie said as his smile disappeared.

I was about to answer when a strong pain, like if I were about to give birth again, began. I grabbed on to the sheets underneath me, glancing to the woman who was still cleaning up. She looked at me and came to my side, bowing her head towards Charles.

"I'll come back later on," he said as he turned and walked out, closing the door behind him.

**********
He had been acting strange since he took the baby, only speaking to me when he wanted me to move.

"Where's my baby?" I asked.

I saw his back tense as he lowered his head, the frown on his face as he checked my vitals.

I grabbed his hand, tightening to make him look at me.

"Where's my baby?" I whispered, finally getting him to look at me.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't say anything in fear he would have done something. I barely have the right equipment to take care of you and the child...I couldn't risk having the child near him. "

"But...is she okay?"

He placed his other hand in mine and smiled, patting it in response.