Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Six (part A)

Check out my new story, "The King's Alpha Queen"!!! Vote/comment / fan! Love you guys! Oh and "My Dear Wingless Soul" too! LY!

******************

I covered my face with my arms, trying to block any hits to my face. It was useless. The horse's legs kicked me all over my body, I screamed and screamed. He wouldn't go away. It was burning now. A fire. I couldn't escape it. It circled me all around. Through the pain and images, I felt a hand on my forehead.

"Natalie." I heard someone call out for me.

"Natalie?"

I opened my eyes to find that beast in front of me. He gently rubbed my forehead.

"Nightmare again?"

I slowly nodded. I could feel the tears coming now. I closed my eyes so he wouldn't see me crying.

"Are you all right?"

I didn't respond.

"Natalie?"

I wanted to fall back asleep in order for no conversation to happen between us. I knew he wouldn't leave but I just ignored him.

"Wake up Natalie. You have to eat now that you're awake."

"Not hungry."

His strong hands circled by shoulders, straightening me up on the bed.

"Now you're awake."

I crossed my arms in front of me. Bastard. Idiot.

"Open."

He lifted the spoon with soup up to my mouth,with another hand under it.

"Now."

I angrily did as he said. He dipped the spoon again an lifted it up to my mouth. We proceeded like this in silence until I finished the whole soup.

"Go to sleep if you want."

He walked away with the bowl in his hands. I laid down and got comfortable. My arms were bandage up, my face had little butterfly band aids. My lip was incredibly big! All his fault! I heard someone walking in.

"How are you feeling honey?"

An old lady asked. I sat right up to look at her.

"Don't move too much. You'll hurt yourself." She said as she placed down a glass of water right next to my night stand.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me honey. Thank that young man who saved you."

I immediately frowned.

"He's been taking care of you all this time. Such a gentleman."

I heard her sigh the last part.

"He's no gentleman ma'am."

"And why not?Tell me of a young man who will do that nowadays. The generations of today have become quite the animals. Boys nowadays don't look for love. They want something else, if you know what I mean." She winked several times.

"With this man, I see sadness in his eyes. He's been hurt."

I had to laugh at that.

"He hasn't been hurt. He's the one who has been hurting people! With his proudness, his selfishness! Excuse me but he can go to hell for all I care!"

She wrapped her hand around mine, patting it while smiling.

"Oh Darling. Haven't you ever wonder why he acts that way though? There's a reason to everyone's actions. You such have to find out his."