Me and my boys...Chapter Nineteen(part B)

"I'm not going in there!"

"What?"

"There' no way-"

He was already dragging me in. The only thing I could do now was to go with him.  We desended down the staircase,in which it was dark... BOOM!

"Ahhh!! What was that!?"

"The door closed behind us."

"Wait! How do you know where were going?"

"I know the way."

"How about if I tri-"

"You won't. Just keep your eyes open."

"Oh yea? Did you forget,smart-one,there's no light."

There was a loud thunder sound coming from above us. The whole place shook.

I stud in place, frightenend by the loud echo.

"Dont worry. Nothing will happen us."

I looked up to where I think violet eye's face was at. I couldn't see him, nor his face expression,but i could feel his warm grip on my wrist. I had no other option left than to trust him with my life.He let go of my hand and started walking. There was a loud thud coming from something he thru.

"What are you doing? You can't see-"

...And then there was light. He was holding a big lantern up in the air. It gave plenty of light. There were boxes 

And bags all around the small room.

"we have to keep going. The boys will be waiting for us in the other side."

"What's in the other side?"

"This underground tunnel will take us to a nearby town. Not far from here. But we'll make in half a day."

"Half a  day?!"

He lifted with his free hand a silver looking box. It was actually a backpack of some kind. He pulled it over his shoulder.

"Come on."

I followed him as he went through the exit of the room.

"Is the tunnel like big and creepy with lots of passeways going to different locations? Are we going to find a big ugly monster at the end?"

I just thruw the last part in just for fun. If I was going to be stuck with this dude then I had to get to know him,right?... He turned to me. The lantern almost at my face.

"Are you alright? Or is all that is happening making you go insane?"

"Hey!"

He looked serious. Dead serious. His eyes were a soft violet. Beautiful like always...I decided to brake the silence and lead the way.

"Hurry up,old man. We'll never get there in time."

I kept on walking without turning to see that last expression. I could see perfectly well with that big-all lantern he had. The tunnel was a normal passegeway. Nothing creepy. It was perfectly built. I heard his whisper-like footsteps. He was close enough but we still had our space...this was going to be more harder than I thought.

*************

We have been walking for long hours. Neither of us saying a word. My mind was full of worries and questions.I wonder what happened to the rest of the guys. Was Derek already awake by when the explosions went on?...Nathan. Was he allright? Charles...my dad...

"Natalie."

I looked up as my name was being called out.

"Oh! Yea? Sorry."

"Something's troubling you."

How did he know?!! Was I really that transparent?!

"What really happened back there?"

He stopped on his heels and turned back to look at me.

"You shouldn't be bothered with that."

" Well, I am."

"Im not quite sure who did it, but I do have some names who were probably involved."

"Who do you think it was then?"

He looked at me with concern eyes. I could see black and grey this time. I've noticed that his eyes changes color depending on his... Mood? 

"Like I said,you shouldn't be concerned."

"what?! I'm not a little kid anymore. I need to know this things. If not, I would just be a stupid ignorant rich chick with no life whatsoever."

"Natalie..."

"By the way, The boys told me what happened, what the 'traitor' did. Who was the he? I know you must know."

He lowered the lantern to waist lenght.

" I believe you're still a kid to know that."

"I'm not a kid! I'm sixteen! I have the right to know! Ever since that day when I got told about the stupid 'noble connection'. Like if I really care about marrying a...a... Prince!"

Violet eyes grabbed my wrist and shoved me to the wall behind me.

"Hey..."

"You don't know what you're saying now. Many people will kill to have that 'stupid ' noble connection. Do you at least understand what it really means?...No. I don't see a point on telling you this..."

He let me go and turned back to the direction we were going. He walked a couple of spaces...

" Oh, and you do? Oh! And one other thing. What did you do to Derek?"

He stopped again, but this time he didn't look back to look at me.

"I see you care about him quite much."

"Of course I do. I've known him for a long time."

"I suggest you...just don't have any illusions about him. At the end,you'll only end up getting hurt."

"And what do you care? I trust Derek with my life. He wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

"....."

"I know Derek. I...think...I...do. Wait! Why am I..."

Derek would never hurt me. I believe in him. What's violet eye's problem, anyways?

"Why do you hate him?"

"I don't hate him."

"Then why did you beat him up?!"

"...Personal problem ."

Right....

"Sureeee it was...And Nathan? What happened to him?"

Now this time,he did turn to face me. His eyes were narrowed but sad.

"Nathan...he had to go somewhere."

"Why? Where?"

"He's..."

Why did it seemed that he couldn't say what he needed to say. The words just couldn't come out.he turned back to the way he was walking and kept on walking. Apperently ,he didn't want to talk about it. He knew something. And that something involved Nathan and Derek...