Me and my boys... Chapter Eight

"So you mean that I have to carry those guys for my protection?"

Charlie thought about it.

"Correct. Every where you go."

"Natalie. You do understand why, right?" my dad asked.

"Umm, because there are other people who are going to try and assassinate me because..."

"Because of the connection of the noble family," he answered.

"Right. So are the guys I met... are they the same as you? Do they have a tittle?"I asked.

"The guys? Yes, they do."

I looked up at Charlie again.

"They are all aristocrats. Their families are all aristocrats. And their families have been for a long time now. For example, take Liam. Everyone in Liam's family belongs to the Winchester House."

"Oh." Not that I actually knew what he was speaking of.

"Their families are one of the most powerful Aristocrats in the world. That's why they were assigned to you. The highest nobility position they have, the closer they are to the noble family."

That explains... Somewhat.

"Are we one of the high families?"

"Yes. We are," father replied.

"Now that everything has been settled. Go run along now. And stay out of trouble," Charles ordered.

"Yeah, whatever you say dear brother! Bye dad."

Why are all this things happening now?

I was just walking around the house, not really sure where I wanted to go or do. There were a lot of things on my mind at this point that sleeping it off would have been the solution to it all.

I reached some stairs and as I was going up, all of a sudden I heard voices coming from on top. I didn't really feel like saying hi to whoever was going to pass by. So I decided to go back the way I came from. As I was going down I heard the people talking getting closer and closer. So I ran like a madman.

When I reached the bottom step, I turned when I felt somebody's eyes on my back. There he was again. The guy with the violet eyes looking straight at me again. The men surrounding him where the same ones from the room

I couldn't say hello. For starters, because I didn't even know his name.

So the best thing for me to do was to step aside and let him pass by. I think that's what he was expecting because he quickly continued walking. I didn't even have the guts to look at him in the face let alone his eyes. So I just looked at the floor. As his men were passing by, they all walked in silence compare to before and they were all looking at me. Bipolar old men. As soon as they passed me I ran up stairs without thinking. But as I was going up, I felt a set of eyes on my back looking at me until I reached the top of the stairs.

********************

"So what do you want to do Lady Natalie?"Miki smiled at me as he asked.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure! Shoot right away," he happily replied.

"Why must you guys call me 'lady'?"

"Umm ...for respect," he answered, not really knowing what I was really asking.

"Why, if you're the same age as I am, right?"

"We were just raised like that. To call our superiors 'Lady' or 'Lord'."