Me and my boys... Chapter Fourteen(part B)

************

"so, how you been Nat?"

"umm.. Alright. You? "

"Perfectly fine!"

Derek. He rested his head on his hand which he had on the table. He's grown up now. His curly hair. His angel looking face. But his eyes are the same as before. He hasn't changed at all. He saw me looking at him and he cocked his head to the side.

"what?"

"what, what?"

"you're looking at me. I feel... Violated."

"How!?"

"Youre checking me out!"

"No Im not! You're crazy."

"You missed me, didn't ya?"

He was serious now. No hints of sarcasm. His gaze was soft and lovely. His lips playing a small smile.

"yea. I did."

He graved my hand I had on the table and started playing with my fingers. I missed his touch.

"But were together again Nat. Just like old times."

Yea, just like old times.

"Whats going on Nat?"

Huh????

"what do you mean?"

"The fact that I had to give my adress to the security guards in your house. Before I left, there weren't any security guards. And why are there a lot of cars in your house? You have a party or something? And also, you've been missing school because of family problems. What's really going on Nat?"

I didn't have another option but to tell him. He just looked at me with a worried look in his face as I told him everything. ... We took more than two hours sitting in the table in a bar talking about what's going on. It was either me answering questions or he doing the questions...

"wow."

"wow? That's all you got to say?"

"amazing. Happy?"

"Not a bit."

"Are you going to do it?"

"Do what?"

"Make the noble connection"

"What other option do I have left."

"But you don't even know the guy! How can you-"

"I don't know! "

"I know you better than anybody else. If he starts giving you crap...then the dogs of hell will be released. "

We both laughed at that. He was right. He did knew me better than anybody else.

"Hey, I better get going home. I'm going to get killed as soon as I step in the house. "

"What!!!! Nooooo!!! It's our first day together since I left! I ain't taking you back!"

"Der-"

"Come with me to the fair. There's a fair in town. Let's go have some fun. What do you say Nat? Just like old times?"

He smiled at me , a smile I couldn't say no to. So I agreed.

************

It was already dark when we were about to leave the fair. Derek had bought me a giant stuffed animal, lots of food and we rode every ride. For the first time in years, I felt like my old self. We were heading to the parking lot when he suddenly dissapeard. I looked all around for him but it was too crowded! I couldn't find him. I called out his name but no sign of him anywhere. I just kept on walking to his car. Probably he was there too. As I was walking I felt somebody grave my hand. I turned to see who it was and... Derek. He was holding a blue rose on his hand.