Chapter 10- McDonalds

The rest of the week passed in a repeat of the same thing - counsellors trying to get us to do things while we did as little as possible.

By the time we all got back, we were exhausted and in dire need of a proper shower because even though there were showers at the camp site, they weren't warm and I felt so exposed. I wasn't very comfortable knowing that there were a bunch of teenage boys right outside. Even though Cole kept anyone from coming in, he could have easily just walked in and saw me naked, but luckily he didn't.

"I'm confused." I say as soon as Wyatt walks out of the bathroom. He has black shorts on and no top and he is rubbing a towel against his hair.

"And why is that, coco?" Wyatt asks and I stand up so that I can go shower.   

"Why have classes not started yet? I mean, at my old school we never went on a camp at the beginning of the term." I explain and Wyatt nods, sitting down on his bed.

"It's just a thing we do here, I guess. Mrs. Maxis always hosts a two week initiation program before classes actually start so that we can get to 'bond' with the rest of the students in our grade. Her words, not mine. So from tomorrow there will be another week that we spend at school where we do activities that apparently bring us together. It's really weird, because we have to do things like speed dating to bond, and this is a school full of guys. I don't know what she wants but I'll bet she's waiting for an orgy." he says and I cringe, walking into the bathroom before he can keep talking.

I take a really long shower, brushing my hair and humming songs. Once I'm done I change in the bathroom and walk out with my towel wrapped around my head.

"Wanna go get dinner? I just realized that we were supposed to be in the cafeteria at half past eight, but you were in the shower and I didn't want to leave you. We can just go down the road and eat takeaway." Wyatt says and gets up, putting on shoes.

"But I'm in my pajamas." I say and frown, pulling the towel off my head.

"Who are you? Saying no to food, what have you done with my girl?" Wyatt says, acting concerned, "Plus, you look gorgeous no matter what you're wearing, so let's go." he adds.

I chuckle and blush at his nickname for me, "Is this your attempt at getting me to go on a date with you?" I ask and raise my eyebrow.

This time Wyatt blushes, "Well, it's not easy asking a girl who just wants to be friends on a date, so yes, eating junk food in our pajamas at nine o'clock at night will have to suffice as a date. I am calling a date so whatever." He sticks his tongue out at me and I smile, rolling my eyes.

"Why does it feel like I have known you forever?" I ask as I put on my shoes and walk out the door with Wyatt.

"Because," he throws an arm over my shoulders as we walk to the exit of the school, "We were just meant to be, you know?" he winks and I scoff.

"Yeah right." I deny what he says immediately.

The truth is that I don't want to like Wyatt because I'm scared that if I start to have any feelings for him, he will hurt me. I'd rather be with someone like Ash because I know exactly what he wants and I know that it's less likely that I would have really strong feelings for Ash.

"Aww, coco, but you know I love you." he teases.

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew," he says, quoting Shakespeare.

"You speak an infinite deal of nothing." I quote, brushing off the fact that he has said he liked me multiple times.

He even said he believes in love at first sight and... Maybe he is telling the truth? Maybe he likes me.

No, that's impossible. Nobody would like me, why would he like me? He can get any girl, he doesn't want me.

"Mmm, look at us quoting Shakespeare. Talk dirty to me, baby." Wyatt says and chuckles.

"You're funny." I say sarcastically.

We walk down the street because apparently it's only a few blocks down to a McDonalds restaurant.

"So there is this girl that I may or may not be in love with and I am trying to woo her, have any tips?" Wyatt asks, breaking the momentary silence.

"Woo her?" I laugh and he nods.

"Just quote something from Jane Austin to her and she'll fall for you, if you even know any of the quotes from her books." I say. I am pretty sure there is no way he knows quotes from her books so I'm looking forward to what he says now.

He stops walking, even though we are right outside the McDonalds. "What are you doing?" I ask, pulling at his wrist so I can make him buy me food.

He doesn't move, instead he pulls his arm out of my grip, grabs my waist, and pulls me into him, "My heart is, and always will be, yours." he whispers, quoting Jane Austin. He smiles and leans down to kiss me, pulling me impossibly closer to him.

I push away from him and shake my head, "No, Wyatt, I can't." I whisper, moving further away from him.

He sighs and looks away, "I'm so sorry, coco, I shouldn't have..." he mumbles and then looks at me.

I purse my lips and nod, "It's okay." I may have wanted to kiss him too but I don't want it to be serious and I don't want to find out that I actually do love him because I know a kiss can speak a thousand words and I also can't because I kissed Ash and I don't want to kiss two guys in one week, it's too much, at least for me it is.

Actually one guy is too much for me so at least I'm breaking boundaries here, okay?

"Let's go." I say and point to the McDonalds.

He gasps, "How could you just deny my love like that?" He pretends to be offended but I feel like there was a slight amount of hurt behind his words.

"Wyatt." I groan. I really want to change the subject as fast as possible. I'll admit it, I'm afraid of love and there are no amount of hot roommates that will change that. The kiss between Ash and I was purely physical, nothing more.

There is nothing wrong with being afraid.

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." Wyatt quotes another Jane Austin book and I smile. This is the last thing I would have expected from Wyatt. He can quote my favorite author.

"Now buy me food." I say and walk into the McDonalds restaurant, Wyatt following in behind me.

*=*=*=*

Ouch, I feel the rejection hitting deep.

I am so obsessed with the Nick Jonas song called Voodoo. He is soooo hot, it's not fair to other men actually.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG