Chapter 15- Closer

Chapter 15- Closer

[four weeks later]

I walk into my room and fall onto the bed, turning to look at Wyatt who is texting on his phone.

"Hey, Coco," he whispers, his voice rough and deep. "Don't do it."

I frown, "Don't do what?"   

"Don't have sex with Ash," he says and my eyes widen.

"What?"

"You guys have only been going out for a month and... Just don't," he tells me and puts his phone down, turning to look at me.

"How did you even know?" I ask.

"Ash was bragging about it," he explains and rolls his eyes and I scrunch my nose in disgust.

Why is he telling people?

"Listen Wyatt, we're friends but if I want to have sex with Ash then that's my decision. Okay?" I say.

"No," he says and then walks over to me, pulling me off the bed.

"Wyatt," I sigh and he just smiles down at me.   

"Wait," he whispers and then pulls off his shirt.

I step back, my eyes widening, "What are you-"

"Shh," he cuts me off and steps even closer to me.

I fall back onto my bed, trying to hold back a laugh, "Wyatt, what happened to being friends?" I ask.

He groans and leans down pulling me up again, "Coco, please," he leans close to my lips and stops just before them, staring into my eyes with a smirk on his lips. "You know you want me just as much as I want you."

Of course I do, he is gorgeous and sweet and he has woken me up every day at twelve am just to make me smile. It is annoying but also extremely sweet.

I glance down at his lips, not answering. They look so soft and pink and I could just lean forward and- No! I'm supposed to be staying away.

Ash has been really distant and is busy a lot but sometimes he takes me out. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, so I don't exactly know what we are. I do know that it means I shouldn't be kissing other guys, especially not his best friend.

He bites down on his lip and the small action makes me breathless. "Baby girl, please," he moans. I look up from his lips to his eyes and notice that his eyes are hooded, and he is looking down at me like he wants to devour me.

My cheeks heat up and my heart starts racing but I try to step back, knowing I shouldn't.

As I step back, Wyatt's watch gets caught in my shirt and he steps forward, causing us to both fall back onto the bed. I shut my eyes as my body hits the mattress.

Wyatt stops his weight from falling completely onto me by leaning on his arms, creating a tiny space between our faces.

I stare down at his lips, badly wanting to remember how they feel against mine.

The last time he kissed me, I was half asleep and he was drunk and it wasn't real. It just felt like skin against skin, nothing more.

Is it selfish of me to stay away from Wyatt, just because I don't want to get hurt? I mean, obviously it's selfish but there is no reason why I have to date him. It's not like I have feeling for him or anything.

But you do have feelings for him!

"No," I whisper to myself and frown. Shut up, you're being stupid.

"No?" Wyatt repeats my words and I look up at him.

"I mean..."

"Yes?" he finishes for me and smiles, his eyes lighting up. "Come on, I'm crazy about you."

"I..." I close my mouth, at a loss for words. I don't want him. I can't want him. The word love terrifies me and I know Ash will never ask me or expect me to say it.

"One kiss? That's it, then I'll leave you alone," he promises. "But by leave you alone I mean I'm still not fine with you having sex with Ash but you can do whatever else you want and I swear I won't try to kiss you again."

I look down at his lips with a frown, not saying a word. What if I don't want him to stop trying to kiss me?

I just nod, not saying anything. He's so close to me that I think I might hyperventilate if I talk, and the fact that he is shirtless is not helping at all.

"Okay," he whispers and smiles softly and leans down, pressing his lips against mine.

The kiss doesn't start softly, he kisses me like his life depends on it and I kiss him back, butterflies exploding in my stomach.

He moves his hand and slips it under my shirt, holding it against my waist. The feeling of his skin against mine sends tingles through my body and I try to push the thoughts of it away, focusing on anything else.

I have no choice but to kiss Wyatt. If I want him to stop trying to hit on me or kiss me then this is what I have to do.

I kept telling myself this, knowing in the back of my mind that I really did want to kiss Wyatt, and it wasn't just to get him to leave me alone.

*=*=*=*

I know my characters are stupid as fuck but in this book that's just how they're supposed to be. Coral is selfish and Wyatt always overreacts and that's just how they're meant to be. Sorry if you don't like them, cause I freaking hate them but it just makes them interesting ;) I guess...

Let me know what you think of the book though? Thank you! xx

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG