Chapter 28- Nothing

Chapter 28- Nothing

I left the school after talking to Wyatt, and I walked around for hours, thoughts flooding my mind and haunting me. They just wouldn't leave me alone.

I had to stop for a bit at some points when tears blurred my vision and I couldn't see. People gave me weird looks but I honestly couldn't care less.

I was so busy trying to get Ash that I didn't realize it would mean I'd lose Wyatt. I didn't realize how much it would hurt him if he ever found out.

All emotions are blind, it's not just love, and when you're blind you don't see - you don't realize what those emotions can do. What they can destroy.

I was blind and now I know exactly what I destroyed.

I destroyed an innocent person that had never done anything to me to deserve it. In fact, he has only ever made me smile and pulled me up but I didn't realize how much I need him.

I have to talk to him, I will do anything for his actual forgiveness. I'll give up anything to go back in time, but that's impossible.

I walk into the room I share with him when I get back from the walk, slamming the door shut and looking to see if he would be in his usual spot on the bed, but he's not.

He's gone.

Not just him, everything of his is gone with him: his sheets, his clothes, the smell of his cologne, and his toothbrush is missing from the little cup by the sink.

Everything of his is just gone.

There is only one thing of his on his side of the room and it's a note that is written on a few yellow sticky notes, and the colour of them makes everything else in the room seem so dull.

I pull them off the bed side table and sit down on my bed, my eyes scan over the words.

Dear Coral,

I couldn't stay here. I moved in with Jason but at least that means you have more space now. I won't be there to bother you and wake you up in the middle of the night again, so I hope that it is better without me.

I think it would be better if we weren't friends anymore, just so that the feelings I have for you don't grow. It's better for both of us, now you can be happy and with Ash.

If you want, you can think of this like a break up. I mean, I know it's not a real one 'cause you made it clear that nothing between us was real, but think of it as a friend break up. That's what it is. If you even considered us friends.

You chose someone else over me. You chose to do this, and it's okay, but just like other break ups, I hope to never see you again unless I have to, and I don't want to talk to you at all.

I hope you happy with the decisions you made. I'm sure I'll be a lot happier without you. I'm sorry, Coral.

- Wyatt

What broke my heart the most wasn't the words. What tore me to peices was the little heart and smiley face next to his name. It was so... Wyatt.

This is what I deserve. They say karma is a bitch but it's not true, I was the bitch. This is just karma doing it's job. I just wish I could go back now and fix things.

I don't know how I am going to get through the rest of the year without him. He always got me into a better mood in the mornings. He did so much for me and I didn't even notice.

They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, and right now, those words have never been more true.

*=*=*=*

I knock in Jason's door really hard, hoping someone will answer. I don't know what I'm going to say but I need Wyatt to forgive me. I don't care what it takes.

The door is pulled open and Jason comes into view. He has a scowl on his face and when he sees me, his scowl deepens.

"What?" he asks, angrily. His dark eyes are filled with so many emotions, mainly anger and sadness.

"Jason, please let me see him?" I beg.

Jason leans back and looks at something behind the door, out of my line of sight, "Wyatt isn't smiling right now. When his smile is gone, he's not very nice." Jason states. he turns back to look at me, folding his arms across his chest.

I shake my head. "I don't care-"

"Yeah," Jason cuts me off, and then gives me a once over. "Clearly you never have." He steps back and is about to close the door when I stick my foot in the way, stopping the door from shutting.

"You're mad at me too now? Aren't you being a little overdramatic?" I ask, frowning. I bite down on my lip to stop the pain of how hard the door hit my foot.

He scoffs. "Coral, I'm not mad at you. I just don't trust you and I can't be your friend. Wyatt is one of my closest friends and you hurt him so badly that he is literally just sitting in a corner and crying. I've been friends with him for years, and not once have I seen him like this. Then one petty and selfish girl comes along and breaks him.

"I don't even know what to do, Coral. Wyatt is always the one to cheer people up, not me. I can't even help him. How could you use him like that? You don't understand how much he loved you. Even when you two weren't dating, when you weren't in the room, all he would talk about is you. When you became his girlfriend, in South Africa, he called me and told me, and he was so excited that I could actually imagine him jumping up and down. You broke someone who cared so much about you, and he deserves so much better than you," Jason's looks down at me with a condescending glare and I can't help but take a step back, away from him.

This is exactly how it was the first day we met. It's like he has blocked me off all over again and I'll probably never hear his rare laugh again.

"All I can do to help Wyatt is tell you this: Stay away from him. I don't care if you realize you like him now, just stay away. Nothing you do will ever make what you did okay," Jason warns and then shuts the door, leaving me alone.

How could I have damaged someone this badly? The one person that was always happy and amazing.

My lip quivers and I block my mouth with my hand, the reality of what I've done hitting me hard.

I used the one person who really loved me, and now that love is ruining him.

*=*=*=*

Just imagining Wyatt sitting in a corner, with his legs up to his chest and tears falling down his cheeks... :'(

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG