Fall In Love

Kyungsoo is lying on his bed, alone in his room with a bad fever consuming him and a wet towel on his head. He can't sleep, not after what happened to him. Suddenly, a smile appears on his face, and just as suddenly, it turns into sorrow.

§§§§§

"Kyung Mi, are you alright?"

"How did it happen?"

"Are you feeling okay now?"

Kyungsoo was bombarded with questions; his accident seemed to draw public attention. He ignored all of it, continuing to hug Chanyeol and hide his face.

Chanyeol wiped his tears.

"Shh, it's fine. I'm here." Chanyeol soothed him. "I think she's fine. You all should just go," Chanyeol said to them. He knew they were making Kyung Mi uncomfortable.

"Kyung Mi, are you okay?" It was Suho, who had just arrived. He seemed very worried.

"I-I'm fine." Kyungsoo's voice barely came out.

"Chanyeol, can you help me take her to her room? She seems sick."

"Yes, of course." Chanyeol lifted Kyungsoo up bridal style and started walking.

-In the room-

Chanyeol put him down.

"Can you walk?"

"Yes."

Chanyeol hugged him again. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault."

"No, it's not," Kyungsoo said, not wanting Chanyeol to be sad.

"Shhh, it's my fault. I shouldn't have taken you into the water. I should've listened to you." Kyungsoo stayed silent. "You should go and wash up."

Kyungsoo nodded. He went into the bathroom and changed into new clothes. Luckily, his wet shirt hadn't given away his body at all. He fixed his appearance and went back out.

Chanyeol was still in his room.

"Come here," Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo walked over to him, and Chanyeol put his hand on his forehead. "You have a fever."

Chanyeol laid him on the bed and pulled the blanket over him, and then he put a wet towel on his head. Kyungsoo watched his every move.

Chanyeol sat beside him and rubbed his head, and Kyungsoo could see the guilty expression taking over his face.

Kyungsoo hated it.

"Please don't make that face," Kyungsoo begged, taking hold of Chanyeol's hand.

"But because of me, you're—"

"No, it's not your fault. You saved my life. I would've died, but you saved me. Thank you so much for that." Kyungsoo smiled.

Finally, a smile appeared on Chanyeol's face.

"Can I ask something? How did you save me? I mean, what did you do?" Kyungsoo was curious.

"CPR," Chanyeol answered.

"Huh? Like, mouth to mouth?"

"Yes," Chanyeol said, smirking a little bit.

Oh my god.

Kyungsoo froze, and his cheeks started to pink.

"Aww, you're blushing again." Chanyeol chuckled.

They stared into each other's eyes deeply, with hands still locked together. Both of their minds were wiped of all the incidents that happened that they, of all the people that could come in. In that moment, it was only the two of them.

Slowly, Chanyeol leaned down and pressed his lips against Kyungsoo's. Against his will — or maybe completely willingly — Kyungsoo leaned into it, slowly wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck.

Suddenly, they heard a cough.

They both jumped and broke the kiss.

"Sorry for interrupting. I'm just here to, um, give this medicine to Kyung Mi. Don't mind me; just continue whatever you were doing." It was Uncle Suho.

Oh my god, Kyungsoo thought for the second time.

Before he left, he sent a smirk Kyungsoo's way, and Kyungsoo blushed even more. Chanyeol almost laughed because he thought it was funny how embarrassed he seemed.

Suho suddenly came back. "Oh, and Chanyeol, you should probably leave soon. It's a girls' room, anyway, and I don't think you want them walking in on anything, if you know what I mean."

"Ah, but I wanna stay with Kyung Mi," Chanyeol whined.

"Well, you can't, so leave," Suho ordered. Then he turned back around and left.

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo.

"Well, I guess I gotta go. Make sure to take your medicine and rest properly," Chanyeol said — or commanded.

"Okay, Channie." Kyungsoo smiled.

Chanyeol kissed him on his forehead for the last time and gave him a sad look that showed that he didn't want to leave at all. He then left Kyungsoo in the room alone.

-Present, Kyungsoo's POV-

I stare at the blank wall, unable to shut my eyes. There's not a moment where I stop thinking about Chanyeol; he keeps staying in my mind. I can't forget his words, his actions, his behaviour, his face, anything.

I smile just thinking about it, but my smile goes away when I think about what I'm doing. How long do I have to lie to him? It hurts me, and it'll hurt him. I can't continue with this anymore.The longer I wait, the more hurt he'll be. I don't want him to hate me. I won't be able to bear it.

I think I've fallen in love with him. I've fallen in love with Park Chanyeol.