Heartbroken

"Long time no see!"

"Haha yeah, it's been a while."

"How are you guys doing?"

"Just fine. It's kinda boring, since you left."

While Chanyeol is chit-chatting with his old friends, Kyungsoo is frozen, shivering. He can't dare to look at them.

It's them. Kyungsoo never forgot their faces. There is Kris, Tao, and Lay, the faces that make up his nightmares. The faces that changed his life.

Kris. The head of the gang, the richest of them all. He is the one who decides who the victims will be.

Tao. He's the one who's in charge of the beatings. His skill in martial arts is no doubt exemplary.

Lay. His innocent and cute face conceals the darkness in his heart. He is the one who does the talking, the intimidating.

"I can't believe you're dating a girl, man." It's Kris.

"Yeah, I really thought you were gay." Tao chuckles.

"What the... Okay, stop, no, I'm not okay with this." Chanyeol is beginning to get really pissed off by how much he has been hearing that.

"Haha, relax man."

"Your girl sure is quiet," Lay comments, taking his attention to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo almost flinches.

"She's just shy," Chanyeol explains while rubbing Kyungsoo's head and smiling.

"Her face seems familiar. I feel like I've seen her before, but I don't remember when." Lay stares at Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo avoids his eyes.

"Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing," Kris chips in.

Out of the blue, Lay touches Kyungsoo's face.

-Kyungsoo's POV-

This can't be happening. He's touching my face. His hands are touching my face.

The hands that punched me, the hands that choked me, the hands that threw me like a rag doll.

-Third person POV-

Suddenly, Kyungsoo stands up and runs out of the restaurant, leaving all the guys dumbfounded.

"Sorry guys, I gotta go," Chanyeol says, and he jumps up to go chase Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo runs as hard as he can.

"Kyung Mi-ah! Wait for me! Why are you running away?" Kyungsoo hears Chanyeol's voice from behind.

Kyungsoo can't think straight. He ignores Chanyeol and keeps running, tears dripping on his cheeks.

He keeps running until he reaches his house. He isn't sure if Chanyeol is still behind him or not, and he doesn't care.

Kyungsoo goes straight to his room and throws himself onto his bed, letting all of this emotions pour out of him.

-Kyungsoo POV-

Why is this happening to me? Why? I didn't ask for this, I didn't asked for any of this!

Why does it have to be Chanyeol? Why?

I can't believe that he was one of them.

He was a part of the gang.

He was a bully, too.

But he changed school before he met me.

And I fell in love with him.

I fell in love with in love with a tormentor, a malicious predator.

I fell in love with the type of person responsible for everything my life had become.

A bully. A monster. I fell in love with a monster.