Mom , why?

Kyungsoo rushes to the hospital. He sees Ahjumma there and he hurriedly makes his way toward her.

"Where is she?!"

"She's in the ICU. Her injuries are... bad."

"How did it happen?"

"She was driving to her office, then suddenly she lost control of her car. Her brake wasn't working, and she hit the road divider."

"I can't... believe it."

"I'm so sorry, the doctor..." Ahjumma stops when she hears the sound of a door opening.

It's the doctor.

"How is she?! How's my mother?!" Kyungsoo quickly attacks the doctor.

The doctor stares into Kyungsoo's eyes in silent. This is the hardest part of being a doctor.

"How is she?! Answer me!"

"I'm... I'm so sorry. We tried our the best, but... she just can't make it. I'm so sorry."

Kyungsoo freezes. This can't be happening. This is not true. Please tell me it's not.

Tears drip onto Kyungsoo's cheek without him realising and Ahjumma quickly hugs him. Ahjumma feels Kyungsoo's body weaken and he falls to the ground , unconscious .

__________________________________________________

It's Kyungsoo's mom's funeral. Everybody is there. Ahjumma, the restaurant employees, almost everyone is there. Except for one.

Ring ring. 

Kyungsoo picks up his phone without even looking at the caller. He place the phone at his ear at hears a voice that he longs so much. A voice that he's been missing.

"Kyungsoo-ya, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your mom's funeral." It's Kai.

Kyungsoo stays silent with a straight face.

"Kyungsoo-ya, please say something."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Kyungsoo screams suddenly, getting furious at Kai for the first time.

"Kyungsoo?" Kai is startled.......but he knew.

"You should be here! Why are you always avoiding me?! Why didn't you picked up your phone?! What do you do that makes you so busy that you can't even talk to me?!"

"Kyungsoo..." Kai starts again. The tone of his voice shows so much how huge is his regret.He knew he can't do anything except for hearing Kyungsoo's rage. 

"You know what? I'm sick of you! Let's just break up! It's no use for us to date anymore if you're acting like this!"

"Yeah, let's break up." 

Now it's Kyungsoo's turn to be shocked. He didn't expect Kai to say that. He thought Kai would at least wheedle him or at least say something and defend their relationship. But it seems like he's not. Quickly, Kyungsoo hangs up , fed up.

People start going home slowly and leaving Kyungsoo alone. Kyungsoo knew this , but he can't move. He's been staring at his mom's grave for hours.

"Why'd you leave me? You're the only family I had. I had no one else anymore. I want you, Mom. I want you." Kyungsoo starts crying , finally . After enduring it for so long he finally let out his precious tears. 

Suddenly, it's pouring rain and covers Kyungsoo's tears. He doesn't care. He's still there, soaking wet, mourning his mom's death.

"Kyungsoo." Someone calls for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is still deep in emotion that the second time his name were called finally he notice.. He looks up and sees... Chanyeol.

Chanyeol is standing behind Kyungsoo with an umbrella,covering Kyungsoo from the water and stares into his teary eyes.  Actually, Chanyeol was there for a long time, staring at Kyungsoo. It was Kyungsoo who didn't realise he was there.

Chanyeol squats down and holds Kyungsoo's shoulder with their eyes still locked together.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." His whisperes sounds deep and makes Kyungsoo burst into tears again.

"Look, I know how you feel. I, too, lost my father years ago. I know it's hard, but we gotta accept it. We can't change fate." Chanyeol tries to calm Kyungsoo down.

Suddenly Kyungsoo starts to hug him. Chanyeol startles, but he returns the hug. It's the second time Kyungsoo cries in his arms.

After a moment, Chanyeol speaks.

"Erm, do you wanna stay in your home? I can let you go today."

"No, I want to stay with you," Kyungsoo replies rapidly. He somehow feels safe in his arms , he feels the warm and he knew he need it.

"Aahh, okay." Chanyeol smiles a little hearing Kyungsoo's words .

They arrive at his apartment at 10 p.m. Kyungsoo's eyes are swollen, and he goes to his room. Chanyeol just lets him; he know it's still hard for Kyungsoo to accept.

Chanyeol lies bed tries to sleep but he can't. Kyungsoo's image plays in his head. It's been eight years since he last saw him crying.

TOK TOK TOK. Suddenly, he hears a knock on his door. He opens the door and sees Kyungsoo.

"Chanyeol, can I sleep with you tonight?"

Chanyeol freezes. He didn't expect Kyungsoo to...

"Y-yeah sure. Come on in."

They lie down on the same bed. It's so awkward for Chanyeol. He glances at Kyungsoo. He can see Kyungsoo's face vaguely and his heart beats crazily.

He feels an embrace.

Kyungsoo is hugging him.

Chanyeol freezes, not knowing what to do.

Slowly, he faces Kyungsoo and returns the hug.

It's the second time this day.

Chanyeol can hear Kyungsoo sobbing slowly.

He tightens the hug to calm Kyungsoo again.

They cuddle like that until they fall asleep.