The Double Accident

Kyungsoo arrives at the restaurant late. He is so troubled. His head and body and car ー everything is a mess.

"Kyungsoo? Why are you late?" Kai asks concernedly. Kyungsoo's never been this late.

"I'm so sorry. I just got into an accident." Kyungsoo tells the truth.

"What? Are you okay now? You can go home if you're not. We still have the other chef." Kai is worried. He cares more about Kyungsoo than some dinner party.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm the head chef, and I can do it," Kyungsoo says, heading to the kitchen. He puts on his apron and hat and starts cooking.

"Kyungsoo!" A waiter calls for him while he's cooking.

"Yes?" He answers.

"They say your cooking is stunning. They want to meet you," the waiter tells him.

"Me?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen. Why do they wanna meet him?

"Yes, you."

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," Kyungsoo says nervously.

"Kyungsoo, can I ask for help?" Before he even moves his feet, another waiter calls for him.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I'm extremely busy right now, and I don't have enough hands. Can you please deliver these watermelons juices? Someone ordered it."

"Yeah, sure." Kyungsoo carries the tray of juice and makes his way out of the kitchen.

Outside, there are so many people that it's disorienting. Kai is so busy treating the guests.

Kyungsoo doesn't know how it happens, but he trips.

All of the juice falls directly on a man.

Holy shit! As if my day couldn't get any worse!

"Oh my god, sir, I'm so sorry. It's my fault." Kyungsoo quickly apologizes while wiping the man's face and suit with his handkerchief.

Kyungsoo is so busy wiping the body that he doesn't realise that the person is staring at him silently.

Kyungsoo looks up at his face.

It's... It's... It's...

It's Chanyeol again.

Twice in the same day.

OH MY GOD!

*flashback*

"You."

"You."

Silence filled the air.

"I'm so... Sorry." Kyungsoo's voice was not as loud as it had been before.

Chanyeol stayed silent, allowing an awkward silence to persist.

"Um, please don't report this. I'll do anything you want, just please don't report this to the cops," Kyungsoo begged again. He didn't dare look at him in the eyes.

Chanyeol still stayed silent.

"What should I do? To, um, apologize?" Kyungsoo asked.

"You still have my number, right?" Chanyeol finally said, albeit coldly.

"Y-y-yes," Kyungsoo replied.

"Then I'll tell you later what you should do as an apology." With that, Chanyeol just left, leaving Kyungsoo dumbfounded.

*end of flashback*

"Chanyeol-ah, are you alright?" The CEO asks Chanyeol, breaking the silence between them.

"Yes, I'm fine, Sis," Chanyeol answers.

Sis? Wait a minute, did he just called the CEO 'Sis'?

"I'm so sorry, it's my fault." Kyungsoo stands up and tells her the truth.

"It's fine."

Apparently the CEO is Chanyeol's sister. Her name is Park Yura.

And also, apparently Chanyeol is the vice CEO, making him the second most powerful person in the company.

No wonder he has such an expensive car.

Kyungsoo stares at him. After 8 years, Chanyeol has grown up. He looks... Very matured. He's no longer the childish Chanyeol with a trademark cheeky smile.

"I'm sorry about this accident on behalf of my employee. Is there anything we can do for you as an apology?" Kai asks.

"It's fine. It's just juice," Park Yura answers.

"No, it's not!" Chanyeol snaps harshly. The happy virus in him is gone.

Everyone freezes. And the most frozen is Kyungsoo, the culprit.

"Did I tell you guys that Kyungsoo was the one who hit my Ferrari? And now he's splashing watermelon juice all over my expensive suit!" Chanyeol adds. "And you guys expect me to just say 'it's fine'? There's no way. I want a punishment!" Somehow, his childish attitude is still there.

Everyone looks at Kyungsoo.

"W-what kind of punishment? If it's about money, I'm sorry. I don't have it," Kyungsoo says to him, terrified of his honesty.

Chanyeol thinks for a while.

Then he speaks up.

"If you want me to forgive you, serve as my maid for two weeks."