Master

After bidding his mother farewell, Kyungsoo waits in front of his house. She is quite displeased by letting him go after what happened, but Kyungsoo insists. He has to pay for what he has done. Chanyeol wants him to be his maid, and that's fine. Kyungsoo can accept it. But why the hell does Chanyeol want Kyungsoo to live in his house for those two weeks?! That's the part that makes Kyungsoo hesitate. But what can he do?

Honk! Honk!

A car honking in front of Kyungsoo breaks him out of his thoughts. Kyungsoo is shocked to see a luxurious car stopped in front of him. It's a black Ferrari.

Wait a second. Another Ferrari? Kyungsoo can't believe his eyes. How can a man have two Ferraris? Chanyeol must be filthy rich, and Kyungsoo never even knew.

The car's window is pitch black, and the only thing Kyungsoo can initially see is himself like it's some sort of mirror. Slowly, the window rolls down to reveal a handsome driver with sunglasses. His sunglasses, too, are pitch black, so Kyungsoo doesn't know whether Chanyeol is looking at him or not. He can't see his eyes.

"Get inside." The two words Chanyeol speaks make Kyungsoo realise that he is looking at him. Kyungsoo says nothing back and quickly puts his luggage into the car's bonnet that opens automatically. Chanyeol doesn't get out of the car at all, leaving the struggling to Kyungsoo, who is trying to put his heavy luggage inside it.

Kyungsoo then walks to the other side of the car and sits beside Chanyeol. Actually, he wants to sit in the back, because he and Chanyeol are not-so-friendly right now, but the damn ferrari doesn't have any back seats.

"Hi," Kyungsoo greets, just trying to be friendly, even though he knows Chanyeol won't answer. An awkward silence fills the air.

While Chanyeol is driving, Kyungsoo takes the chance to look outside. Even though the window is black from the outside, it's completely transparent from the inside. Kyungsoo then puts his attention on the hot driver beside him who still hasn't said anything. His handling of the car looks swift.

Chanyeol's appearance hasn't changed. His wide shoulders, his muscular arms, and Kyungsoo's favourite, the one that stands out most of all, his big ears. In fact, it seems like his ears have grown bigger.

Chanyeol suddenly feels his gaze, so he turns his head to face Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo lightly gasps and quickly averts his eyes, blushing.

Chanyeol drives his car until they arrive at a tall building. Kyungsoo spots a giant name: Galleria Foret. Quickly, thousands of thought fill his mind, since the name is somehow familiar. Wait a minute, isn't this the most expensive apartment in Seoul?! The price of apartment units start at USD 3.5 million to USD 5.1 million while the lease starts at USD 1.8 million. Chanyeol lives here?! Oh my god, Kyungsoo has also heard that G-Dragon of BIGBANG and Kim Soohyun also live here. Kyungsoo suddenly wishes he can bump into them at one point.

Kyungsoo follows him to his apartment, and Chanyeol doesn't even help Kyungsoo carry his luggage. When they get inside, Kyungsoo's jaw drops once again. Chanyeol's apartment is gargantuan with opulent furniture and a great view, just like his sister's room. But Kyungsoo also spots one thing: it's... a terrible mess. No wonder he wants a maid. Suddenly, Kyungsoo feels sorry.

"Your room is there." Chanyeol points at a room, finally speaking after a long silence. His deep voice is still the same, perhaps even deeper. "My room is here, and it's restricted to you. No trespassing. Do you understand?" Chanyeol gives a warning to his little maid. He dislikes when someone enters his room. It's his private area and only belongs to him.

"Yes, Chan... I mean, um, Mr. Park." Kyungsoo doesn't know what to call him. After all these years, they are not compatible.

"I don't want you to call me that. Call me master," Chanyeol orders. He needs to be respected. All of this maid stuff is meant to be revenge, afterall.

Master? What am I, a dog? Kyungsoo thinks.

"Yes, Master," Kyungsoo responds slowly. His tongue twists around the word 'master'. It's so awkward to say.

"I'm going to sleep now, and when I wake up, I don't want to see any mess. Make sure you clean all of it, understand?" Chanyeol commands again. He feels triumphant when Kyungsoo respects him the way he wants.

"Yes, Master," Kyungsoo says again. It's just cleaning. It's not that hard.

"Good." Chanyeol goes to his bedroom and closes the door, leaving Kyungsoo alone in the living room. He can tell that Chanyeol has changed. He's not the same Chanyeol that Kyungsoo knew before.

Kyungsoo walked towards his new room with anticipation. He almost jumps in joy when he sees his new huge and awesome room. He settles in and puts his luggage down before leaping onto his bed. It's so soft to the point where he feels like he's sinking. Then he remembers that he has a job. He changes his outfit into a more comfortable one and starts his duty as a maid.

*flashback*

"So, mind telling me your answer?" Chanyeol smirked.

"There's no way he's gonna be a maid. He works as a chef at my restaurant," Kai snapped. He needed to defend Kyungsoo, his worker and his boyfriend. He couldn't just let him become a maid to someone who'd hated him for years.

"Did I ask you?" Chanyeol said angrily, glaring at Kai.

"I don't want..." Kyungsoo hesitated. All of this was too fast.

"Well, if you refuse, you have to pay me almost half a million for my rear bumper! You want that?" Chanyeol dared Kyungsoo. He couldn't let Kyungsoo go just like that.

Kyungsoo was surprised by hearing the cost he had to pay. He'd never had that much money in his life. Kyungsoo gulped.

He thought for a moment.

Kyungsoo gave up. He couldn't see any other way. "Yes, I'll become your maid."

"But Kyungsoo..." Kai felt heavy. He didn't want Kyungsoo to suffer.

"It's okay, Kai. I can do this. Afterall, it's my fault. I'd rather be his maid than pay him half a million. Where the hell am I supposed to get that?" Kyungsoo calmed him. He knew Kai must have been worried.

Kai let out a sigh. "Okay." Kai agreed to letting him go. Chanyeol smiled winningly.

*end of flashback*

Kyungsoo throws out all the garbage, sweeps, mops, and does everything a maid must do. It's a lot of work. After two hours, he is finished. He wanders around trying to figure out what he should do. Chanyeol is still sleeping, so he takes the chance and goes to the balcony. The moment he steps outside, he is overtaken and is mesmerized by the view of Seoul. All of it seems so small from where he is. Kyungsoo is so distracted by the sight that he isn't aware that he's leaning dangerously forward and forward.

"Kyungsoo-ya!"

Then he feels somebody grab his tiny waist.