Master Pt. 2

But of course, Kyungsoo will never fall.

"What the hell are you doing? You could've fallen, you stupid!" Chanyeol shouts with his hands grabbing Kyungsoo's shoulders. His eyes glare at his tiny maid.

Kyungsoo didn't realise at all that he was in that position. He was so amazed by the scenery. And he is also amazed that Chanyeol did that. It looks like he's worried about him.

"I-I'm sorry, Master." Kyungsoo is making that cute guilty face, hoping Chanyeol will forgive him for making him worried. Inside, he's smiling. Maybe Chanyeol doesn't hate him if he's worried so much.

Chanyeol is unaware that he is staring at Kyungsoo. Thousands of feelings rush inside him, but he quickly forces them all out. He's too stubborn.

"Um, Master, are you okay?" Kyungsoo feels uneasy when Chanyeol keeps staring at him as if there's something on his face.

Chanyeol suddenly jerks, as if he was just woken up, and clears his throat to avoid any awkwardness.

"Go make something to eat. I'm hungry." He lets go of Kyungsoo's shoulders and walks away, leaving him.

"Yes, Master," Kyungsoo answers. He is too aware of Chanyeol's sudden reaction.

Chanyeol is watching TV in the living room while Kyungsoo is busy in the kitchen. Chanyeol keeps changing the channel because nothing seems to interest him, and he lets his long legs stretch out on the table. He can't absorb anything that is showing on the TV. Maybe because his attention is on the human cooking in his kitchen right now.

"Um, Master." Kyungsoo's words startle Chanyeol.

"What?" Chanyeol asks with his eyes still on TV.

"Your food is done."

"Okay."

Kyungsoo lets Chanyeol eat alone in the dining room, not wanting to bother him. Who knows, maybe he'll lose his appetite by looking at his face. So Kyungsoo tries to make himself busy at the kitchen.

"Ya, Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol suddenly shouts, calling for his maid.

"Yes, Master?" Kyungsoo hurriedly goes to Chanyeol.

"How dare you let your master eat alone?" Chanyeol glares at his maid.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo is dumbfounded.

"Come and accompany me," Chanyeol commands.

"Y-y-yes, Master." Kyungsoo sits down in front of him. He's already eaten earlier, not knowing that Chanyeol would want him to eat with him.

Neither of them speak. Chanyeol continues to eat while Kyungsoo just... Stares at nothing. He just sits there, playing with his fingers.

"Um, Master?" Kyungsoo breaks the silence.

"What?"

"Actually, your kitchen is almost empty. There's nothing to cook now, so, um, can I go grocery shopping?" Kyungsoo asks for his permission. It's true; there's almost nothing in the kitchen. It's obvious that Chanyeol has never cooked before.

"No," Chanyeol casually answers.

"But you'll have nothing to eat."

"I mean, you can't go alone. After I'm done, we'll go shopping. Go change," Chanyeol instructs.

"Y-yes, Master." Kyungsoo is relieved. He really thought Chanyeol wouldn't let him go and that they'd die starving.

They arrive at a supermarket, and Chanyeol lets Kyungsoo buy everything they need. Things are still awkward between them. Kyungsoo stays busy with groceries while Chanyeol stays busy on his phone. Actually, Chanyeol only does that because he wants to distract himself from Kyungsoo. If he doesn't, he'll just stare at him.

He's the same person, the same person that he fell in love with years ago. Kyung Mi and Kyungsoo are different, yes, but their auras are exactly the same with the same cuteness and gentleness that makes him go crazy. His heart is harshly denying the feelings that he suddenly has right now. There's no way he's going to fall for him again, not after what Kyungsoo did to him. They pay using Chanyeol's money and go straight back home.

At the apartment, Chanyeol is watching TV again. And again. And again. Kyungsoo can't help but think that maybe Chanyeol is lonely. He starts to feel pity and guilt. He can't help but think that he's the cause of Chanyeol's behaviour. Maybe because of him, Chanyeol is now a cold and lonely person. Then Chanyeol turns off the TV and goes to his room. To sleep, perhaps, since it's almost 11 p.m.

Kyungsoo also goes to his room after shutting off all the lights. He lies on his new comfortable bed. He's already decorated his new room.

Finally, some private time. He quickly dials Kai's number.

But Kai doesn't answer. He calls again. Same thing. Maybe he's busy or already fell asleep. Nevermind.

Kyungsoo shuts his eyes and tries to sleep. He hopes tomorrow will be a better day. For him and for Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo hopes that maybe he and Chanyeol can move on and become friends, forgetting everything that happened in the past.