Back to work

Quinn's POV

"Whoa whoa whoa, hang on why did you leave again?" Sexy Star asked me.

"I had to help out with a family thing going on but I think we have it under control so I came back." I explained to my new masked amiga. I finished readjusting the therapy tape on my left knee and say up off the coach.

"So did I miss anything?" I asked her she looked pretty mellow.

"Nothing much." She shrugged off as she readjusted her mask.

I took the opportunity to ask her a question. "Do you ever take off your mask around your coworkers?" I asked her thinking about how Fénix just ignored when I asked him about his mask.

"If I like the person on a friendly level." She responded as she laced up her boots preparing for her match against Kobra Moon. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know." I lied trying not to look Sexy in the eyes but my mistake I did.

"You do know why. Now why do out ask?!" She asked again lightly slapping my arm.

"I've never seen any of my friends without their mask so I was curious." I explained to her.

"Oh well if it makes you feel better." She said pausing I take off her mask and reveal her face. "I trust you." She finished looking at me in the eyes.

It felt good to have at least one person show me their face other than my old mentor and personal friend since I was 15, Rey. "Thanks." She shrugged she shoulders and smiled before parting my back and leaving for her match. I wished her luck and went to find my tag partners.

I walked past our locker room and entered the door there I saw something that put me in utter shock. I covered my mouth so I wouldn't scream at first. There laid a bloody Fénix on the floor not moving at all. I ran over to him and kneeled down by him.

"Help! He needs some help." I screamed at the top of my lungs hoping someone in then halls would hear me. A man in all black came running into the room. I've seen him backstage enough to know it was Pentagon Dark. On screen him and Fénix and I were rivals but off screen we were pretty close friends.

"What the hell happened?" He also me I shot him a duh look.

"If I knew what happened do you think I'd be sitting here yelling for help?" I said sarcastically and annoyed.

"Here let's get him the the doctors office." Pentagon suggested I nodded I knew I couldn't lift Fénix on my own so I my arm around his waist and his arm over my shoulder Pentagon did the same on his side and we helped Fénix to the doctors office.

~

"Look you three in sorry about your friend but there's a show that must go on." Dario said to me, Drago and Aerostar. He looked up and saw us growing madder by the minute. "Look I'll find you guys a new partner and we'll keep and eye on your friend.
Don't worry I promise he won't get hurt anymore back with us." Dario reassured the three of us.

I rolled my eyes and let out a sound of disgust. "Oh wow a promise from Dario Cueto so comforting." I said in a sarcastic tone Aerostar put an arm in from of me so I wouldn't do anything we all might regret.

I put my hands up in defense and stormed out of the office, down the hall to the doctors office were Fénix was resting.

I opened the door and walked over to his bed, he was still knocked out. I knelt down by his bed and patted his shoulder. "Even if you can't hear me right now, I just wanted to say thanks for everything in San Juan it really helped." I said and turned to walk out of the room. "And your not a horrible kisser." I quickly added hoping and praying he wasn't conscious at all but I think I saw a smile crack across his face. "Well bye." I said fairly fast and sped out of the room.