Chapter 9

Jen's POV

Today we were gong for a walk in the forest. The weather was great. The sun was shining and there was a little breeze.

'Jen are you ready?' Colin shouted from the other room.

'Almost!' Screamed from the bathroom.

'She's so slow don't you think?' I heard Colin whisper to the dogs.

'I heard that!!!' I shouted from the bathroom. 'I'll punish you for that!'

'Can't wait!' He smirked.

Colin's POV

We were walking in the forest it was truly wonderful. The big trees around us gave me the feeling that I was alone on this world. Together with the dogs and my beautiful girlfriend. I could walk here all day.

'What are you thinking?' Jen asked looking at my dreamy face.

'I'm just so happy.' I said. 'It's so beautiful here and I have you. I couldn't wish for more.' I said. She walked towards me and kissed me softly.

'I love you so much, Colin.'

'I love you too!' I said. This time I carefully pushed her against a tree and started kissing her. This time harder and more passionate. What I didn't realized is that the dog leash I was holding slowly fell on the ground. After a few minutes we pulled back.

'Ehm... Colin?' Jen asked. 'Where are the dogs?'

'Shit I must have dropped the leash let's go find them love. I'm sorry.'

'Well I like a little adventure!' She laughed. 'And they can't be far in this short amount of time.'

We walked away, my hand tightly holding hers.

~

After a few hours of walking we started to get more desperate. We still hadn't found the dogs yet.

'I'm tired Colin.' She said sadly. 'We really need to find them fast I don't know how long I can keep going.' Tears were now falling down her cheeks.

'It's okay love we can rest for a while. I brought some food and a blanket.' I say.

We sat down on the picnic blanket and started eating. This was supposed to be a happy moment but neither of us could really be happy right now.

'What time is it?' Jen asked.

'It's already 6 o'clock it will get dark soon.' I say. 'Do you want to keep looking?'

'Just a little while.' Jen said. 'Can you hold me?'

'Of course love!' I said. She sat on my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. A little while later she was fast asleep. I had to wake her up but I just couldn't. She was so peaceful. I decided to wait a little while longer.

~

I woke up the next morning (apparently I fell asleep) with a dog licking my face. It was Buckley and when I looked around I saw Ava running (you can't really call it running anymore with her pregnant belly) towards me.

'Jen' I say softly. 'Wake up! Look who are here!' I say pointing to the two dogs.

'Ava, Buckley! You are back!' Jen said hugging the dogs. 'Did we sleep her all night?' She asks confused.

'It seems to, love. So maybe we should go back. I'm starving.'

We got up and took the dogs. 'So which way do we go?' Jen asked.

I have to admit I don't really know. 'That way love!' I say pointing to the right.

'Are you sure? I thought we had to go left?' Jen said.

'To be honest I don't really know.' I say.

Jen's POV

Of course, we finally got our dogs back and now we're lost in the woods. Suddenly I got an idea.

'Colin? Can't we look at the sun or something?' I ask.

'Good idea love, my dad told me how to do that once.' He was looking around for a while when there grew a huge grin on his face.

'Why are you laughing? We're lost.'

Because, my love, I know how we can get back he said happily. 'This way!' He said so I just followed him.

~

After a less than an hour we were back at the hotel.

'How did you do that?' I ask Colin.

'I looked at the sun just like a pirate!' He smirked.

We went back to the hotel and ate something in the restaurant. After that we fed the dogs and went straight to bed.

'Let's never do that again.' I mumbled to myself.

'Did you say something love?' He said.

'No.' I just said. I wrapped my arms around him and fell in a long, dreamless sleep.

Next chapter they will be back from their trip and they will start shooting again. Hope you liked it please vote and comment your thoughts! Love you ❤️

'