Chapter 13

Jen's POV

Colin massaged my back. It felt a lot better right now. I started to get ready for our diner together. I really looked forward to it but Colin was acting strange, kind of nervous.

'Are you all right?' I ask him.

'I'm fine love, I'm really fine.' He said. 'Did I mention that I was fine?' He laughed.

'Okay okay I believe you.' I laugh. I didn't but I'll just ask him later.

I got dressed and did my makeup a little bit. I was wearing a cute pink knee length dress. It was tight and my little baby bump looked kind of cute in it.

'What do you think?' I ask Colin.

'You look beautiful as always.' He walked towards me and kissed me softly. 'Ready to go?' He asked.

I nodded. When Colin helped into the car he walked back into the house.

'Sorry love, I forgot something!' He said when he walked out. He didn't have anything in his hand so I don't really understand but I decided to leave it alone.

~

We arrived at the restaurant. It was the same restaurant as where we had our first date. I really loved it. A few minutes later we were waiting for our diner to arrive. Colin still acted weird, he couldn't even look me in the eyes.

'Colin if you keep acting like this all night I'd rather go home.' I say sadly.

'What?' He asked confused.

'You're not even listening to me!' I cried. I ran to the bathroom. Why did he act like that? Didn't he love me?

Colin's POV

What did I do? Ugh I'm stupid I shouldn't have acted like that. I waited for Jen for a while because I thought she wanted to be alone. After 15 minutes she still didn't come back. I decided to look for her.

'Jen? Are you here?' I softly knocked on the bathroom door.

'Go away!' She says. I could hear she was still crying.

'Jen, please. I can explain if you come back I'll explain why I acted like that, okay?'

She slowly opened the door. Tears were all over her face. I laid my hands on her cheeks and wiped her tears from her face. She smiled softly.

'I'm sorry.'

'You don't have to be sorry love I'm sorry I acted like that, I'll tell you why.' I say.

We sat back on our table and the food still hadn't arrived.

'Jen, I acted like that because I've been nervous for this all day. I want to ask you something.' I say.

Jen's POV

Colin stood up and kneeled on one knee in front of me. I was shocked.

'Dear Jen, I love you so much and I want to share the rest of my with you. You're all I could wish for. I can't wait to meet our beautiful babies. A family with you is all I ever wanted. Love, will you marry me?' He got a small black box from his pocket. When he opened it I saw a beautiful ring with a anchor and a swan on it. Now it all made sense I understood why he acted like this all day. Of course I wanted to marry him, nothing more! Colin interrupted my thoughts.

'I asked if you wanted to marry me love.' He laughed.

'YES YES YES! There's nothing I'd love more!' He put the ring on my finger with a big smile on his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we shared an amazing kiss. Just then the waiter came with our food.

'Oh I'm sorry! Do I interrupt?' He asks.

'You do but it's okay.' I tell him. I kissed Colin once more and sat down across from him.

'I love you so much!' Colin said smiling at me. 'And our two babies inside you!' He laughed.

'I love you too! Very very much!'

~

We went home after our diner. I was really tired so we went straight to bed. Colin's chest was pressed against my back and he held me tight. The idea that I could go to sleep like this made me fall asleep with a big smile on my face.

Colin's POV

It was midnight when I heard weird noises from downstairs. Jen was still sleeping in my arms so I carefully got out of bed. When I arrived in the living room I saw Ava on the ground, she wasn't moving. Buckley was sitting besides her making the weird noises.
Shit.

So that was a tiny cliffhanger. I hope you liked it! Will Ava be okay or not? You'll find out next chapter. Please vote if you think it deserves it and comment your thoughts, I love to read your comment. Love you all❤️