2: Her Past

Nagisa hesitated for a while whether to call.... but in the end he dialed the number...

* Ring ring *

It rang for a while....

" Moshi moshi. Shinigami no Ko desu. I'm eating ice cream and chocolate. Can you call back in ten minutes?"

Nagisa: erm... hai.

" So nice. This voice... sensei ka?"

Nagisa: eh? You remember me?

" Of course. Koro sensei used to pay attention to you and chatted about you to me about your talents. I was really curious. There was actually someone like me out there. "

Nagisa: eh? I see. Do you think we can meet up for a chat?

* Knock knock* He turned his head to the glass beside him... * blank eyes*

Nagisa: since when....
.
.
.
.
" Yo."

Nagisa: yo. Nagisa Shiota desu.

" Yuika Hiyuri desu."

Nagisa: is that ok? Telling me your name?

Hiyuri: um. You won't tell anyone anyway. Yuika is my mother's last name.

Nagisa: were you in the area?

Hiyuri: nope. I came here specially to find you. And... double chocolate plus strawberry plus more cream parfait please!!! This place can order customed parfaits you know!!

Nagisa laughed.

Hiyuri: what?

Nagisa: you remind me a lot about koro sensei.

Hiyuri: ah. That papa of mine. Of all things to inherit, mama said I inherited all his bad habits. Eating sweet things, pervert, getting shocked easily.

Nagisa sweatdrops " those are more like his weaknesses."

Hiyuri: they are not!!! I think... deh. Nagisa, how's being a sensei?

Nagisa: I'm really happy.

Hiyuri leans back in her chair " papa used to say you were a lot like me."

Nagisa: eh?

Hiyuri: being sensitive to others. Good for you, you got to become a sensei.

Nagisa: Hiyuri...

Hiyuri: oh!! Parfait!!

The lady leaves after the parfait comes. Hiyuri takes a spoon and eats " yummy!!! Not that I hated become a assassin... I just... wanted to maybe try a non bloody life instead."

Nagisa: you could if you want to. Just quit. If you want that is.

Hiyuri: my Papa is a famous assassin, shinigami. I was targeted the moment I learned to walk and run. The first man I had to kill was when I was 6. I still remembered how bloody my hands were. Those actions I did out of instinct. How easily was it to stop a person's pulse. My hand didn't shake. It was firm. I told myself, don't let go. You'll die.

Nagisa: Hiyuri... you had it hard.

Hiyuri: shinigami no Ko. My mama use this piece of information to bait them in. She watched afar and had her men wait for her orders to kill the enemies off. But she didn't, my child must have that talent.

Nagisa pov:

She looked into her parfait... I could tell... this wasn't a trauma. She just felt... used. And she felt tired being used.

Hiyuri: from that time on... people looked for me to use me. I couldn't reject. It was some kind of expectation they had of me. Shinigami no Ko... what if that meant papa would be let down? He got turned into some failure experiment... and ...

Tears fell down her eyes she crossed her arms and cried buried with her head.

Hiyuri pov:

What... I felt a soft ruffle touch to my hair. It was comfortable... Nagisa spoke... " you can quit if you want. Koro sensei always wanted us to do what we wanted. That's why we enjoyed learning. We didn't have to reach his expectations, we just had to do our best."

Nagisa pov:

Hiyuri lifted up her head " but... "

Nagisa: he won't be disappointed ok.

Hiyuri: um. But... no blood life... can I even manage such a thing? Doing normal things like a normal human... no targets...

Nagisa: um. You can.

Hiyuri: can you teach me?

Nagisa: eh?!!

Hiyuri: never mind if you're too busy.

Nagisa: ok . Alright.

Hiyuri: arigato!!