30: Trap

hiyuri knocks onto karma's door . The door opens after a while of knocking. 

karma: hiyuri. Eh? Where's nagisa?

hiyuri: he didn't come. He has classes. And... even from here, I can tell someone is really on to you. Your neighbor just moved in?

karma: you have sharp eyes. What can I do? I am kind of popular for killing right now.

hiyuri: that's why I came. Let's hope mama is our neighbor.

karma: you are going now?

hiyuri: no. Wait till I get some lunch first. I am kind of hungry.

________________________________

karma: so I heard, you are married to nagisa.

hiyuri: hai.

Karma: aren't you scared of me? Nagisa seems to, afraid that I'll take you away.

Hiyuri: I came here to find my mama. I will try my best to stay away from you.
_________________________________

The doorbell rings... Hiyuri opens it.

Hiyuri: Nagisa!!

Nagisa: Hiyuri. Where's karma?

Hiyuri: dining table. We're eating. Wanna join?

Nagisa: um.
.
.
.
.
Nagisa: karma.

Karma: Nagisa. Worried about Hiyuri?

Nagisa: ah. How's things?

Karma: it's her first day here. I don't know. Shouldn't you ask your wife?

Hiyuri: after I'm full. I'm going to the new neighbor and pay a visit. There might be a chance it's Mama.

Nagisa: I see. Should I come?

Hiyuri: Nagisa wants to?

Nagisa: um.

Hiyuri: just joking. I would never let you touch those bloody stuff. Hehe.

Karma: how about I go with you?

Hiyuri: um. Sure.

Karma: cos I'm not as precious as Nagisa huh.

Hiyuri: kinda like that.
_________________________________

Karma pov:

Everything happened in a split second. It was so fast...

She pressed onto the doorbell. No one opens the door for five minutes. She pressed the doorbell again. And again... no one replies. She decides to press again, this time she shouts " open it!!!! Or I'll knock your house down!!!" This time... she gives a good fifteen minutes...

She shoots the door handle and opens the door...

Knives flew in our direction and bullets were fired in the same direction. That lasted for... I couldn't tell how long... it felt long. Probably 20 seconds... but it felt long.

In that 20 seconds, the moment everything started flying, she pushed me aside and took everything.

When everything had been quiet... everything must have definitely ended by now...

She was still standing there... not even a movement. So many holes in her... and all the blood flowing down... is she even still conscious?

I crawled towards her in case anything else were still to be fired. Just in case. " Hiyuri." No response. " Hiyuri."

Hiyuri: In front of me.

I stood up not understanding what she was trying to say. I went to her front.

That's when she grabbed my cheeks and kissed me. What? ...... I see....

Then she brought her lips to my ear " run... "

I ran. What a tough woman. Holding until now. Normally people would have died instantly. She collapsed the moment I started running away from her.